are ducks afraid of geese?

RASS

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 26, 2013
I have 3 White Pekins, 7 wks. old and 3 White Chinese Geese 3 wks. old. The geese try to get close to the ducks, the ducks run and the geese chase them and bite at them; is this normal?
I tried to pen them up together at night but the ducks seemed terrified of the geese. Will they get used to each other as they get older?

they all seem to get along well with the chickens.

thanks

I have 3 White Pekins, 7 wks. old and 3 White Chinese Geese 3 wks. old.  The geese try to get close to the ducks, the ducks run and the geese chase them and bite at them;  is this normal?
I tried to pen them up together at night but the ducks seemed terrified of the geese.  Will they get used to each other as they get older?

they all seem to get along well with the chickens.

thanks

We have 12 ducks who are 8 weeks old
I just rehomed our 2- white chinese goslings who were 4 weeks old. And were being very aggressive to the ducks chasing them and attacking them and biting on to their wings.
All my ducks were letting the geese bully them.
Some people seem to have good success keeping them together.
But we did not. It was sad because i was soooo attached to the goslings.
But the ducks are happier.
I know it also depends on the breed and temperement of the geese.
Yours sound like mine tho :(

they all, ducks, geese, chickens free range so I guess I will keep an eye on them for a while and see how it goes. They are secure in a pen at night but seperated.

thanks for the input

they all, ducks, geese, chickens free range so I guess I will keep an eye on them for a while and see how it goes.  They are secure in a pen at night but seperated.

thanks for the input

Thats nice you have a seperate sleeping area.
Mine seem to be fine when i was watching from the windows. But as soon as i stepped out with them it was their mission to protect me i think. And to keep the ducks out of all the pools lol

Back
Top Bottom