Are Guinea Egg shells normaly this hard?

They made it out!!! My first guineas!!!

Hello , I tried to hatch some guinea fowl eggs on my incubator and nothing happend I waited for the 21 days and then have a couple extra . I am also noticing about the thick shell . When I opens one I did notice. A chick inside :( it didn’t look like her tried to get out . Any pointers . Thank you

Hello , I tried to hatch some guinea fowl eggs on my incubator and nothing happend I waited for the 21 days and then have a couple extra . I am also noticing about the thick shell . When I opens one I did notice. A chick inside :( it didn’t look like her tried to get out . Any pointers . Thank you
Nothing should happen at 21 days. Guinea eggs under the proper conditions take 26 to 28 days to hatch.

Nothing should happen at 21 days. Guinea eggs under the proper conditions take 26 to 28 days to hatch.
. What should I be keeping the temperature and the humidity at for these type of eggs . I have it at 36.7 and trying to keep the humidity at 50-60

. What should I be keeping the temperature and the humidity at for these type of eggs . I have it at 36.7 and trying to keep the humidity at 50-60
I incubate my guinea eggs the same as my chicken eggs and turkey eggs. I incubate at 99.5°F (37.5°C) with the humidity between 30% to 35%. I lockdown on day 25 at the same temperature but raise the humidity to 65% to 70%.

These conditions work for me and my local conditions. I am using a forced air cabinet incubator and a forced air cabinet hatcher. If using a still air incubator, the recommended temperature is 101.5°F (38.6°C) measured at the top of the eggs.

It is very helpful to have a calibrated thermometer to double check the incubator temperature. It is not uncommon for the temperature sensor to be inaccurate with purchased incubators.

Back
Top Bottom