Are my Lavender Orpingtons Pullets?

Where did you get them from. I have been searching for lav orps for months, have not found one web site or place that sells them.
he.gif

AshVaz11, I bought lavs from Chicken Scratch Poultry, they have a website, blog and Facebook page. Their chicks are from the Hink JC line. My birds are almost 8 weeks old, everyone is healthy and big.

Hi! I'm totally new here, but am needing to sell some of my Lavender Orps if they are cockerels. The pic attached isn't the best picture (I went and read the guidelines,) but hope this shot is okay. Everyone is 11 weeks old. I'm thinking I have 1 pullet and 3 cockerels, which is a shame considering they are so friendly. Any advice would be welcome! (No one is crowing yet). Thank you!

Oh! And my avatar is actually NOT any of these babies - they're a 100% English pair I helped raise for my mother.

At 11 weeks old, I'm leaning towards them all being cockerels. However, photos of the tail area on each bird might help be sure.

Hi! I'm totally new here, but am needing to sell some of my Lavender Orps if they are cockerels. The pic attached isn't the best picture (I went and read the guidelines,) but hope this shot is okay. Everyone is 11 weeks old. I'm thinking I have 1 pullet and 3 cockerels, which is a shame considering they are so friendly. Any advice would be welcome! (No one is crowing yet). Thank you!

Oh! And my avatar is actually NOT any of these babies - they're a 100% English pair I helped raise for my mother.

welcome-byc.gif

At only 11 weeks, I think you have all cockerels. An Orpington pullet at this age won't as a rule have any noticable comb.

Back
Top Bottom