Quails1

Songster
6 Years
May 15, 2015
As the title says, are phoenix breeds of chickens loving/affectionate? I currently have one, and she's almost 2 months since this thread was posted, and I haven't snapped any recent photos yet.
She is about 5 weeks old in the photo below:
Phoenix Chick (5-week, portrait).JPG

I've spent plenty of time with her when my chick was a few days old from a hatchery. She'll follow me around, though not a lot. When she's older, I moved her outside. My pullet didn't really want me touching her, and gets nervous when I hold her. Is there any determining factor affecting my chicken's kinship? Could it be the breed? How I raised my chicken? I've heard that phoenixes aren't that friendly of a chicken, though, I'm in heavy doubt.

Thanks in advance! I appreciate your help.

Even my "friendly" birds want to be handled on THEIR terms and not on mine. But each IS an individual... regardless of breed. Yes, I think breed does have some impact.

That babe looks like it could use some parasite treatment, according to the feather condition in that photo.

What a cutie! :love

I would rate the hatchery Phoenix I had as pretty flighty. Highly reactive birds, and not really affectionate either. Could have passed for long tailed leghorns if they laid more eggs.

Well, thank you for the advice! Also, do Bantam breeds tend to be friendlier than most other chicken breeds (including the phoenix)?

Back
Top Bottom