Are there over the counter antibiotics available for chickens?

Did u stitch her up? The crop is separate from the surrounding tissue.
No we glued her and I wish that we had stitched it because you really dont know if the darn thing is holding in there. We glued the crop, waited to make sure it was stuck and then moved on to the outer skin. All in all it seems to have worked but I would do this differently next time.

Apparently stitching is THE only way to go with internal bits...I tried to glue and was lectured on why this isn’t the best option..what could happen ..why not to etc etc
I need a stiff drink after that chat!
#DoctorDaughter

Part of my lecture from my doctor daughter was that internal skin needs to meet internal skin to heal...internal bits/skin to glue ever won’t heal effectively ..she felt it best to stitch or leave without glue inside and use glue on the outer skin..then support saggy crop to promote healing..

Excellent to know, thank you. I was indeed advised to use the lidocaine but we may have been just fine without it. Hopefully anyone reading my description of the surgery will also read on to your post and skip the lidocaine. It was expensive as heck too.

Where were you able to find the lidocaine if you don't mind my asking?

Back
Top Bottom