Are these ALL cockerels? -_-

HeatherTheMommy

Songster
May 14, 2015
Felton DE
Am I really that unlucky and got all boys? These were sold to me as black sex links but theyre definitely australorps. I will never buy chicks from tractor supply again!
Chick 1

Chick2

Chick 3

Chick 4

Chick 5

Im SO annoyed because i already have 3 boys from my other 6 chicks. Now i have 8 or 9 roos if these are all boys. No clue what to do with them all

I still can't believe this. I sell my eggs mostly and need more laying hens because i have a lot of customers. Thats why i went with a sex linked chick. Im so angry right now.

How old are they? That might help in identifying their sex. Also, Black Australorp hens have larger combs than most other breeds of hens...I would wait it out until you can tell for sure later. :). Here's hoping you have all pullets!

How old are they? That might help in identifying their sex. Also, Black Australorp hens have larger combs than most other breeds of hens...I would wait it out until you can tell for sure later.
smile.png
. Here's hoping you have all pullets!
Australorps are not supposed to have really large combs. And the combs don't pink up until after 12 weeks of age, at the earliest. Those chicks are definitely cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom