Are these all pullets?

It’s two different chicks. Thank you for the info.
You're welcome! The Lavender Orpington chick has very thick legs and what appears to be pointed feathers, along with a reddening comb. Lavender carries the shredder gene and therefore the feathers on lavender chickens are shredded and misshapen, but those definitely look like real pointed feathers rather than just the shredder gene making it look weird. The two chicks that look very similar both have thick legs and a large, reddening comb, and what appears to be pointed hackles. Those are the factors that makes your chicks cockerels.

The lavendar definitely looks like a rooster in my experience with raising lavendars. The others I think need a little more time, nothing definitely pointing rooster on those

The lavendar definitely looks like a rooster in my experience with raising lavendars. The others I think need a little more time, nothing definitely pointing rooster on those
Thanks. That’s a bummer if it ends up that way. It means I have to rehome it but I’ll still wait and see for a bit.

7 week update: I think I can safely say I have all hens. Lavender worried me for a bit but I think she’s actually a hen thankfully.
IMG_8106.jpeg
IMG_8102.jpeg
IMG_8115.jpeg
IMG_8116.jpeg
IMG_8111.jpeg
IMG_8107.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom