Are these chicks Old English Game Bantams?

sweeterdeeter42

Songster
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Northern Illinois
Are these chicks all OEGB's? They all looked the same under the red light except the grey one, but now that they are home and under a white light I can see a difference in their colors. I think they are OEGB's but what colors are they if they are? And if you dont think they are OEGB's, let me know what you think they are. Thanks!

#1 greyish
82189_dscn2059.jpg

#2 a dark golden
82189_dscn2063.jpg

#3 a light tan
82189_dscn2060.jpg

#4 a lighter tan with an almost grey tone to it.
82189_dscn2064.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I think #2 is a golden duckwing OEGB and #4 is a silver duckwing OEGB. I dont know about the other two. #3 could be a silver duckwing oegb, but she is more tan than #4 but not gold like #2. I just looked them up on cackles website since they have pretty good pictures of adults as well as chicks, and I am pretty sure about 2 and 4.

OMG SO CUTE! #2 looks just like my bebe. Don't know what mine is for sure, been told OEGB, EE & the local hatchery told me it's a BBRed. So who knows lol. Here's mine when she/he was about 2 wks old...

10425_dscf4998.jpg

I'm no expert but I do think you have Game Bantams of some sort. I'm sure a real expert will chime in. There is a thread for OEGB parents, they can prob help you:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5935792

Back
Top Bottom