Are these Chocolate Cuckoo Bantam Orpington and what sex are they?

HoneyMelon

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 6, 2014
Maryland
The lighter chicken was hatched on June 8th and the darker one was hatched on June 15th. At least they are pretty even if they are not what they are supposed to be. The Swedish Flower pullet is a week younger than the lighter chick in question.

Thank you in advance.

They are both cuckoo, and they both appear to be chocolate. They are both cockerels. The first one had 2 cuckoo parents. The second one probably only had one cuckoo parent judging by his darker barring.

Thank you for your replies. How big are they supposed to get? I remember reading somewhere it was 4-5 pounds. Is that right? Thank you

I have a black sport of an English Chocolate Orpington bantam. Her extremely fluffy feathers make her look about the size of an Easter Egger. Since yours are cockerels, they will probably be the around the size of an average large fowl bird :)

This is the best picture I have of her to show size.

Last edited:
Where did you get the two cuckoos from?
The lighter chicken was hatched on June 8th and the darker one was hatched on June 15th. At least they are pretty even if they are not what they are supposed to be. The Swedish Flower pullet is a week younger than the lighter chick in question. Thank you in advance.
Where did you get the two cuckoos from?

Last edited:
I got them from Covered Bridge Poultry. In Oldtown, MD. These two are for sale if you are within travel distance.

Back
Top Bottom