Are these langshans?

Lady Chickadee

Rocky Top Silkies
8 Years
Apr 1, 2011
Central Kentucky
I got a pair of what I was told were langshans.The pullet has a single comb(which langshans have) but the cockerel does not. I wanted some big chickens and these are big but are still young and I'm hoping they get bigger. I was just wondering if they're langshans or not or if they're just bad quality langshans? That would be okay though because I'm just keeping them to replace a mean rooster I had in my free range flock, I won't be breeding them or anything. Oh and they do have feathered legs.

Here are pictures of my new beauties:
LL

LL

LL

LL

(Sorry if they're not good my camera's battery was dead and I had to use my phone)

Last edited:
They definitely have some Langhsan in them but I doubt the hen is pure. What color are her legs? The roo is definitely a mix. I agree, possibly with wyandotte...

Hello! Thanks for PMing me, sorry...I'm never on here anymore.

Now, as for these birds, there "may" have been Langshan in there at some point, but the yellow legs, beak and skin lead me to believe that Brahma is much more likely. Langshans are white skinned. When a Langshan is bred to a yellow-skinned bird, the offspring will be white-skinned. The male and female look to be mixes. I would say a Brahma mixed with another breed at this point, possibly a Wyandotte?

But now that I look closer, they look more like Cochin x Wyandotte. They have more heavily feathered legs than a Brahma cross would have. Also a modified pea-comb would be seen with a Brahma as a parent instead of the tight rose comb.

The rose comb, leg color, seriously un-Langshan like body type, - All point to something else, considering yellow legs are recessive, I'd say those are Wyandotte x Cochin. Rosecombs are dominant to single, too.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Rodriguezpoultry, thanks for replying and reading my PM.The cochin part would explain their really fluffy bottoms
lol.png
!I just hope they get big, or bigger! I just wanted a big roo to put with my girls.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom