Are these Mille Fleur D’Uccles?

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I just bought two Mille Fleur D’Uccles but they’re a little… dark, are they actually MFDs? Could they be be a different D’Uccle? I can definitely see the bantam and the fuzzy feet of the D’Uccle but the coloring just looks off for a Mille Fleur(the one on her back does has splay leg but I already have that taken care of)

Attachments

• IMG_7749.jpeg
    IMG_7749.jpeg
    385.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_7761.jpeg
    IMG_7761.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7751.jpeg
    IMG_7751.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 39
After closer inspection what I’ve noticed is they do not have fluffy cheeks, like look more like bantam Cochin golden laced or Sebrights with feathered feet. Aren’t fluffy cheeks one of the main signs of a d’Uccle? They do look like the photos above but they don’t have the fluffy cheeks, they’re very not-fluffy. Still the tiniest chicks I’ve ever had but not fluffy.
I thought at first maybe just a darker Mille but after talking to some chicken people they made me notice they do not have fluffy cheeks…

I've heard that hatchery quality D'Uccles sometimes lack the beard. Alternatively they could be booted bantams
She’s not a hatchery baby I think, that store has never sold anything mislabeled before I think these ones might be from someone who gives her locally hatched and either lied about the breed or didn’t know they were at least not pure themselves

Back
Top Bottom