Are these White Plymouth Rocks?

So Meyer is refunding me the cost of the birds with dark wings and muffs. They said their most likely guess is that the chicks are Wheaten Olive Eggers. No idea what gender they are.

The white birds are probably just Meyer's version of White Rocks.

So far all the birds are happy and growing.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in!

I recently ordered 12 White Plymouth Rocks (WR), 4 pullets and 12 straight run. Their hatch date was July 17th. So they are about 10 days old and just getting their feathers. Some of the chicks have dark wings and tail feathers, while others have white wings. I've raised WRs before and I remember them as all having white wings. Is this color variation normal for WRs? Or was there a mix-up in my order? Attached are pics of both the white and dark-winged chicks. The dark-winged chicks also seem to have a slight reddish tinge on their heads. The bottom picture looks similar to how I remember my previous WRs. View attachment 3589513

View attachment 3589514
My original white rocks chicks had a blue tinge to them and all the white rocks that I have hatched have had a blue tinge to them and what I have read up on them say that they commonly have a blue tinge. Furthermore, the body shape of the chicks doesn't look WRish.

Back
Top Bottom