Are these Wyandotte pullets?

It doesn't look like they have single combs. If I zoom in it gets blurry. Do they have rose combs? If they do I think they may just be hatchery Blue Wyandottes with the wrong leg color.

No I don't think it's a single comb but there is not much showing yet her are some better pictures of them
IMG_20181009_174901672.jpg
IMG_20181009_174722733_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181009_174715599.jpg
IMG_20181009_174907747.jpg

They are rose combed. I'd say they are the result of the hatchery's "attempt" to breed Blue Wyandottes. They do have yellow skin. But they need to concentrate on breeding the dark legs out of their breeding program. I personally couldn't call them Wyandottes myself. But on the other hand one shouldn't really call them crossbreds either.

Not Wyandottes, Wyandottes must have yellow legs.
Yes, the breed standard calls for yellow legs, BUT, many Blue were crossed early on with other breeds-the standard also says if the bottom of the feet are yellow, that is acceptable as a Wyandotte per the standard. We raised blues for 5 years. They started with slate legs and yellow feet. When we were done they were all yellow. And the slate legged birds were from a bigtime Wyandotte breeder.

The other two in your picture are probably a Brown Leghorn and a Barred Rock or some other breeds like Welsummer or Dominique but those are more rare so I'm guessing Leghorn and Rock

When I got this bunch I got (supposed have anyway) 2 welsummer, 2 barred rock, 2 dominique and the 2 Wyandottes. The Wyandottes were labeled as the could blue laced, red laced or 1 other kind of laced but I can't remember what. They were an assortment of Wyandotte bin all mixed together.

Back
Top Bottom