Are they really hens?

Quote:
Ah! just noticed you're in Undertheblanket, Alaska. Is that close to Anchorage?

They are fuzzy, feels kinda like crushed velvet. also they have control over them- can expand them to twice the size or retract them(they are retracted in picture)- mostly upwards for the eyebrow ones and downwards for the patches under the eyes. It's pretty odd when they do that.

Yeah he gets mad if not getting his supply of freshly harvested human organs... such a chore.

Kev -

Oooh! Alaskan snow ring neck pheasent? Gimme! They're Alaskan, no need for heat, right? :D

He always looked (the pheasent) fake, so it creeped me out. The red things on pheasents I never imagined 'fuzzy' - is it? Looks fuzzy.

He also looks very mad, LOL

Ah! just noticed you're in Undertheblanket, Alaska.  Is that close to Anchorage?

They are fuzzy, feels kinda like crushed velvet. also they have control over them- can expand them to twice the size or retract them(they are retracted in picture)- mostly upwards for the eyebrow ones and downwards for the patches under the eyes. It's pretty odd when they do that.

Yeah he gets mad if not getting his supply of freshly harvested human organs... such a chore.
Not really. It's the line between ester and Fairbanks and when no one can decide which town your apart of.

Cool. Kinda like turkeys and their snozzle (snoozle? Snoggle?)
Is it like the velvet on a deers horns? Looks like it.

:lol: I'm glad your a couple thousand miles away. I wouldn't feel safe otherwise :lol:

Could we get a pic of their saddle feathers with your hand underneath some of the feathers?
Roosters Mature at their own age, some crow at 10 weeks, some crow at 24 weeks. Those who hear a big Roos crow are more likely to try sooner.
While a few more pics would be nice, it's a rooster ~>

I pointed out the lower sickle feather, the red, and how his tail feathers are starting to curve downward

My hen, a week or 2 within the OPs roo. Pointed out her girly features.
Click to see better :)
Here are a few more pictures. He/She definitely has some red feathers sprouting up! And as for the age...I got the chickens May 26th - 9 weeks ago and three of them were older (I was told they were approx 14 weeks) and three were younger (again. told they were 7-8 weeks).

This one is from the "older" bunch - approx 20 weeks. I'm thinking ROO for sure. But no crowing.

This is one I'm worried is a ROO also because of the shiny neck feathers and bent tail feathers. I also believe he/she is close to 20 weeks, but maybe as young as 16 weeks.

This is another one I think is a ROO. This one is from the younger bunch...maybe between 14-16 weeks. Opinions?

Thanks for everyone's responses!

Sorry for the bad hand writing, Showed the boy features again.

Girl

I don't sex EEs

Back
Top Bottom