Are They Worth Incubating?

AKMommaF8

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 15, 2011
Palmer, Alaska
My Pilgrim goose has laid a bunch of eggs, (the new gander is in with her) but is not sitting on them. The eggs have been sitting in the nest for at least 5 days, and I'm wondering if I should bother trying to incubate them at this point?
Thanks for your time.

My Pilgrim goose has laid a bunch of eggs, (the new gander is in with her) but is not sitting on them. The eggs have been sitting in the nest for at least 5 days, and I'm wondering if I should bother trying to incubate them at this point?
Thanks for your time.
You can candle them bring them in the house first and let them get to room temperature first, and check the air cell. If the cell is tiny/small and firmly in place they probably didn't get frozen. Usually frozen eggs will also have a hairline crack. 5 days is a young egg. The other thing you can do is float them in water if they mostly sinks again they should be fresh eggs. Then give them the 8 day test in a incubator. If you get veining you have a winner.

You can candle them bring them in the house first and let them get to room temperature first, and check the air cell. If the cell is tiny/small and firmly in place they probably didn't get frozen. Usually frozen eggs will also have a hairline crack. 5 days is a young egg. The other thing you can do is float them in water if they mostly sinks again they should be fresh eggs. Then give them the 8 day test in a incubator. If you get veining you have a winner.
Thank you! I'll give them a try & let you know what happens!👍

Back
Top Bottom