Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year?

I have been doing it at my house for the last few years. I go ALL OUT and have alot of non tradional and some very traditional dishes. I start preparing and cooking a week ahead of time and cook all the way up to the dinner. Most of the time we do not have Turkey, we usually have Duck or goose or something different. This year though we are going to have a larger crowd and we have a surplus of home grown fowl in the freezer so I believe I will be Deep frying a White giant hen turkey and roasting a White embenden goose. The menu is long! To include a huge gumbo and some butternut squash pie, those are two new additions to the menu.

Looks like it is gonna be me this year! I grumbled a few days ago about having to go to my in-laws well MIL threw a hissy fit about something - I truly do not know what and said she wasn't gonna do it. So I am.

I did it last year for my fam and a few friends so this year it looks like it'll be the whole shebang!

That's a negative, but that doesn't mean I'm exempt from cooking duty. This year, I'm to make at least two homemade pies, green bean casserole and a glazed ham.
smile.png
Yum-O!

We will be traveling to the hunting cabin for Thanksgiving Day since it always falls on the first week of deer hunting season, all the men will make the traditional Thanksgiving feast with wild turkey and all the trimmings, they even do the dishes and clean up!! 21 or so will sit down for an evening meal. I do bring the homemade rolls and the other girls do desserts.

I do Thanksgiving dinner here at home the Sunday after.

No my daughter is hosting this year. but that doesn't mean I won't be cooking lol We are supplying the turkey but she is also making a ham so I know I will be cooking the bird again this year. And of course I have to make my son his favorite cheese cake

I have for the past 21 years dont see why this year would be any different.

about 3 years ago we went to my mom and dads to eat thanksgiving dinner but my poor DH made me cook at home before we went. He ate at their house but he REALLY ate when we got home.
He doesn't like to anyone elses cooking but mine. I don't know why he is just like that

Yes, and I am so excited to do it. Usually we are alone unless we want to fly to our parents respective homes (too costly and too many animals to board
smile.png
), however this year my Dad decided to bring my Grandma and Aunty down for Thankgiving (It has been 10 years since I have had Thanksgiving with them) Now I am just on my yearly hunt for the perfect yeasty dinner rolls to make. I try a new recipe every year. We have the traditional meal. Turkey, gravy, home made stuffing, green bean casserole
sickbyc.gif
, rolls, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie. And since my Aunty is a veggie a quorn turk'y roast and mushroom gravy also.
wee.gif

Quote:
I have a sil who is always putting gravy on my stuffing before I even serve it and making it soupy even though is was already moist. Each yr we have about 25 to 30 people and she always has something to complain about that I didn't do right. I know that I should be thankful for family but it grates on my nerves and this yr I might even have to ask her to leave so that I can enjoy a holiday for a change.

I am NOT that SIL, but I'm here to back Deb when our SIL gets out of hand. Actually, I brought with me some Prep-H for said SIL (for being a PITA) LOL

I love helping muller3acers with Thanksgiving dinner. (part of which is cooked on the cast iron wood stove) She has most of everything prepped before I get her on Wed night and I just help out where I can or stay out of the way when I can't!!

hmmm, let's see, 2 years ago it was the gravy with the dressing, last year it was salting the turkey as it was sliced. GRRRRR, with so much high choloesterol in the family and me hating salt (I prefer lemon), I had to say something!!! 'Specially since I don't live around here and have to deal with it all the time .... Brothers of said SIL (our DH) don't realize the mayhem she puts mullers3acers through!

ARGGHHHH!

So, if she makes trouble tomorrow, do I hand her te Prep-H???? LOLOLOLOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom