Are you switching over to LED bulbs yet?

Basically it's just a duel motion light.. I usally do have just 100 watt in them.. but on one side I wanted a more powerful one to light up the parking area on one side.. so I'd have to ad more fixtures to use these.

that might be best..

since each ligh fixture has a Wattage limit

all my lights are maxed out at 100W..

my motion sensor lights will not stay on for long maybe 1 minutes or so

with on and off so frequently (even when a car passed by) no wonder are daylight cfls are dying pretty quickly when i put them outside

My son,the techy, replaced 5 bulbs in an open type kinda chandelier fixture for me. with LEDS. It makes the kitchen so bright, it hurts my eyes and looks like an operating room. I usually have just one bulb used.

My son,the techy, replaced 5 bulbs in an open type kinda chandelier fixture for me. with LEDS. It makes the kitchen so bright, it hurts my eyes and looks like an operating room. I usually have just one bulb used.

Time to get lower lumen bulbs ;)

I have a 54 light, yes 54 light fixture over my dining room table, when I moved in they had all 54 incandescent bulbs working @ 20W a pop, in simple math that is about 1000W of heat, nearly as much as many space heaters... I was going to switch in all over to LED night light bulbs (since they are the same base as candelabra) but it was cost prohibitive to do so for all 54 bulbs and even at 7W a pop for regular night light bulbs that was still a stupid amount of heat, so I now use only four 60W equivalent CFL bulbs in there, the rest of the bulbs I simply unscrewed... Sure it's doesn't look as nice but it sure cuts down on cost...

Time to get lower lumen bulbs
wink.png

I have a 54 light, yes 54 light fixture over my dining room table, when I moved in they had all 54 incandescent bulbs working @ 20W a pop, in simple math that is about 1000W of heat, nearly as much as many space heaters... I was going to switch in all over to LED night light bulbs (since they are the same base as candelabra) but it was cost prohibitive to do so for all 54 bulbs and even at 7W a pop for regular night light bulbs that was still a stupid amount of heat, so I now use only four 60W equivalent CFL bulbs in there, the rest of the bulbs I simply unscrewed... Sure it's doesn't look as nice but it sure cuts down on cost...

I get it. I have a lot of strange lighting configurations here.
If it were me, I'd get a few LEDs at a time and as prices continue to come down, eventually, you'll have all 54 replaced.
When I moved in here 20 years ago, I started replacing almost all lights with CFLs because LEDs either weren't available yet or were WAY too pricey. But going from incandescent to CFL really saved a lot of money.
I can only imagine what 54 incandescents would cost to run.

some people do not like the "white/blue" color of daylight bulbs and prefer soft white (2700K).. soft white is too dark and yellow for me.. i need to use the computer and read books. so do didn't like it..

LEDs provide the same variety of color temperatures as CFLs

just pick the ones with the color temperature and lumens that you are comfortable with

"like an operating room" -- my guess would be 6500K (daylight)

you can try getting 5000K (still daylight) but it a slight yellow and will not look like the operating room.. if not then keep lower it down 4000K- 3500k.. and so on.

if the light is uncomfortable to you.. try lowing down the color temp and lumens

originally we use 75w equivalent with 1100 lumens in the house 6500k

it took some time getting use to

but we are ok with 60w equivalent with 800 lumens 5000k

homedepot has a small area where they have all these bulbs on for you to compare and see which color temperature you are comfortable with

If it were me, I'd get a few LEDs at a time and as prices continue to come down, eventually, you'll have all 54 replaced.

Over time would likely result in different brand or at minimum different lot numbers or what not that could mean color shifts, thus the reason I have not considered that...

Also the bigger problem, balancing the amount of light...

If I was to replace all 54 bulbs with LED night lights, that comes out to only be about 800 lumens total, or about a single 60 wall light bulb equivalent, and that is not enough light for the area...

On the other hand finding LED bulbs with a candalabra base between night lights and 40W is a chore unto itself unless I buy generic from China on Ebay, then were are back to problem one...

The other problem is that unless you pay more the LEDs and CFLs are not dimmable, so if I was to plug in 54 @ 40W equivalents that I can easily find I'm back to having a tanning bed over the dining room table...

At the end of the day, it's honestly more cost effective to replace the entire light fixture with something more appropriate as a 54 light fixture just isn't practical...

if you want to go to sleep early..

it's best to choose a low lumen LED or color temp for your bedroom

exposing to the blue light from LEDs will keep your awake much longer

Back
Top Bottom