are your guineas still laying ?

Mine are laying much less now, maybe one or two eggs a day from a flock with 6 girls. I don't know how ship them, though.

My guineas are just now 19 weeks old. I expected that they wouldnt lay until next spring, being so late in the year. But I swear I got a guinea egg! It was in the nest with some chicken eggs, but really it looks just like a guinea egg. Is that possible??? Course I am in Florida where its still summer. ??

Quote:
My guineas started laying at 14 weeks
ep.gif
So, yes it is possible. The eggs are small and pointy shaped on one end.

Mine have stopped laying for the year and everybody has moulted... hate to say it but I miss the fresh Guinea eggs already
hmm.png
Most everybody's Guineas are probably winding down on the laying too (if they have not stopped already), as Guineas are seasonal layers (spring to fall).

I might have to get a few laying Hens to take up the slack in the egg supply area, but I'm kind of worried that having "normal" poultry around here will make me like my Guineas less and less as time goes on, lol
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Nope Peeps. You could never stop liking your Guinea's. LOL. They have so much personality. I love my chickens but they have nothing on the guinea's.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom