Arizona Chick

welcome-byc.gif

Hey guys! I'm Rachael, I'm 16, I own a small ranch called Desert Specialties in Avra valley AZ. I show my white crested black polish chickens, and my friends blue laced red wyndottes. I have a white leghorn laying hen and I just bought 2 EE's 2 blue Andalusians and a gold sex linked chicks from the feed store. I also have 5 dogs, a snake, a tarantula, 2 birds, a toad, a tortoise, and am in the process of getting a herd of goats and some pigs. Needless to say I don't have much spare time, but I wouldn't trade my life for anything
big_smile.png
I'm looking forward to meet everyone in the chicken community!

Wow! I thought I was busy! I'm also from AZ (the Green Valley area) and just started raising chickens for the first time. I have five 5-week old Australorps (currently in the coop), three 3-week old Buff Silkies and three 2-week old Barred Rocks (one of which is a Roo) currently in the brooder. I also have three dogs, a 15-year old son, a husband and a tarantula living in my garden...where he can stay unless he dares touch me and then I may freak out.
roll.png

You currently own several chicken breeds I hope to acquire and learn from/about in the future...once I build more chicken coops and runs. I'm discovering my tendency to be "chicken obsessed". I hope you post updates and photos on your progress with your zoo/farm. It's pretty awesome to hear that someone so young has taken on so many responsibilities.

Wow! I thought I was busy! I'm also from AZ (the Green Valley area) and just started raising chickens for the first time. I have five 5-week old Australorps (currently in the coop), three 3-week old Buff Silkies and three 2-week old Barred Rocks (one of which is a Roo) currently in the brooder. I also have three dogs, a 15-year old son, a husband and a tarantula living in my garden...where he can stay unless he dares touch me and then I may freak out. :rolleyes:

You currently own several chicken breeds I hope to acquire and learn from/about in the future...once I build more chicken coops and runs. I'm discovering my tendency to be "chicken obsessed". I hope you post updates and photos on your progress with your zoo/farm. It's pretty awesome to hear that someone so young has taken on so many responsibilities. 

Sounds like you have a nice variety of chickens yourself! I no longer have any leghorns, but I've added barred marans and Guinea fowl! Also got my goats and Im partially responsible for about 200 Birmingham rollers. What breeds were you looking to get? I could help you out (although you could find someone older and more advanced in chicken keeping than me to help haha)
I haven't posted pictures in a while but here's some of my babies
my mini Nubian Ducky
My Nigerian dwarf Diablo
The chickens
Some of the pigeons
the babies in the brooder

Sounds like you have a nice variety of chickens yourself! I no longer have any leghorns, but I've added barred marans and Guinea fowl! Also got my goats and Im partially responsible for about 200 Birmingham rollers. What breeds were you looking to get? I could help you out (although you could find someone older and more advanced in chicken keeping than me to help haha)
I haven't posted pictures in a while but here's some of my babies
my mini Nubian Ducky
My Nigerian dwarf Diablo
The chickens
Some of the pigeons
the babies in the brooder

Your goats are adorable! My husband and I discussed the possibility of adding goats in the future...either Nubian or Pygmy...but we're just not ready yet.

There are SO many chicken breeds I'm interested in, but for my next grouping I hope to include Blue Laced & Golden Laced Wyandottes, Orpingtons, Brahmas, Easter Eggers, and maybe Dorkings. Eventually, as I get a better grasp of chicken husbandry I hope to add Dominques, Buckeyes, Cochins and Jerseys as well...and possibly some Guineas for the sake of my garden. I tend to overwhelm myself with my project interests and if it were up to me I would probably have at least two dozen baby chicks in my house right now, but my wonderful husband keeps me in check.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom