Arizona Chickens

Hey everyone...been a whirlwind of things going on. Mom passed away last week, funeral was today. Have some personal issues going on and was looking to see if any of you may know of any houses for rent that are chicken and dog friendly. I really do not want to get rid of the girls. Please pm me if you know of anything. Thanks

Should anyone need a Brooder pen for raising chicks, I just posted one in classifieds.

Mama Hen, sorry for your loss. Desert hills is probably not to far from you and there are typically several rentals available through out the area. It is a Farm animal friendly area. I built and lived in several homes there. Most acreage property North of Dynamite should also work for you.

Hey everyone...been a whirlwind of things going on. Mom passed away last week, funeral was today.  Have some personal issues going on and was looking to see if any of you  may know of any houses for rent that are chicken and dog friendly. I really do not want to get rid of the girls.  Please pm me if you know of anything. Thanks

Oh girl, :hit
Condolences from us.. &&&:hugs

I don't think it matters ?? But we have heard point side down..
idunno.gif
True, I heard the same. I point the side up, I don't see anything wrong with that. I just heard that you should point the pointed side down.
hmm.png

I finally have a computer to work on. it is not an apple, but I am happy. You pay more fore apple because it is Apple. I have Windows 8,,,,, made a mistake in setting this up. frustrating. now I can not get to System Properties. I think I can fix it. I need yet to customize everything the way I like it. I figure about the time this Lap Top is at its lives end I will be used to it and like it. It dose have a touch screen, a little bridge to help me to adjust.

Have not had a nose bleed sense Fri evening, need to make it a week. Did get back to cleaning today, probably about 45 min. between 5 and 10 min. Tomorrow much more aggressive.

My girls are doing fine, but I am afraid for their health if I do not get out there and do some cleaning. If I do not have any nose bleeds by Friday I will get out there and start cleaning, I will use a mask for my health, with all the nose bleeds my nose may be compromised. If anyone has time next week to help me clean out my garage, the help would be appreciated. It will be some time before I have confidence in not getting a nose bleed again. I have also to get my shed cleaned out. So much to do. But right now it is my garage that is at the comes first.

It will take me some time to read throw more then a week of posts.

Also, I am looking for some one good in construction. Once I get my NEW Camper I can come to you. The project is a Coop on wheels. Not a standard tractor coop. It will be designed to 1) hold 6 standard chickens 2) fit on my truck bed, 3) be able to wheel it off the bed using a ramp, return to my truck bed with a wrench. 4) be able to close in all sides so when moving and going throw weather my girls will be save, and I can control the ventilation so that they will also be safe. 5) built in feeder and water.

I plan on using a pen found at a lot of pet stores. I will need to make a cover for it that I can put on it to protect my girls. When I start my travels I will be ta.king 4 of them with me. I will have to find homes for the rest. This will be very hard. It may turn out that I will have to raise my girls on the road for them to be happy with that kind of life. There is at lest 2 others that or doing it. One has a flock of 6 Buff Orrington's that free range when they park, always knows where they left their coop.

My goal is to maintain a max of 350 miles a day. Stopping every 3-4 hours to give them time to eat and drink.. Yes I will be keeping everyone posted on my travels and my Chickens. I will also have them on YouTube. If I get enough viewers I will get a check via PayPal from advertisers. They give and estimate of a min of a few dollars up to $100 a month. very few make more then $200.00 a month. that would really help with my travels. Of course I will be coming home ever so often. I am open for suggestion of what to call myself, or my little traveling chicken coop. OH, if anyone has any ideas as to a design, by all means send it to me. I am open to suggestions. this is a road lest traveled

Oh good there you are! Was worried about you there for a bit; hope things are better; I am hoping to be down on Sat; have to go to Scottsdale in the AM to pick up a coop, might be able to make it to your place afterwards to pick up the silkie girl; PM please. 

sounds like fun for the birds; new bugs every day ;-)

Hay, lady & Mary..
Lady's do you guys want to come by here for afternoon tea? I have lady's carrier.. Or maybe I could meet you in Scottsdale & give it to you to take to her if you
are close by & what not???
Man there has been so many funerals.. I just got back into town this afternoon from a family member that just passed.. How are you doing lady Doria ??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom