Arizona Chickens

I add 5 new hens to my flock on Saturday! Can't post pictures right now (I'm on mobile) but there is one EE two White Leghorn crosses, and Polish cross (that has two extra toes and a spur on one foot ???) And a black Australorp. Also added the two barred Maran hens to the big coop. Everyone is doing great and I got 7 eggs yesterday :D

Also my friend is looking for and EE rooster if anyone has one for sale
in a couple of months i will have some straight run pure ameraucana chicks (curtesy of my great grandpa, who used to be an apa judge) so i will be looking for homes for some of those roosters (i can vent sex them, and have gotten 3 out of 3 correct, although two of those were geese...)
.. exciting news!
Announcing 3 New Golden Cuckoo Marans :love. Courtesy of @ChuskaMtns
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Agh, so much fun..

Well, my Jersey girls have been doing me right, and contributing about a dozen huevos a day. During my afternoon pickup, I found someone has gone a little beyond the call of duty, and delivered this monster. This egg is three inches long and 82 1/2 grams. Nobody has an obviously blown out butt, but that had to hurt!

Well, my Jersey girls have been doing me right, and contributing about a dozen huevos a day. During my afternoon pickup, I found someone has gone a little beyond the call of duty, and delivered this monster. This egg is three inches long and 82 1/2 grams. Nobody has an obviously blown out butt, but that had to hurt!

ep.gif

I haven't had much time to work in the garden so the bees are working away in their stump. I put a couple of logs nearby but they seem to like their original nesting site.
barnie.gif
I've got plans for that spot so their stump will eventually have to get moved. I wonder if I can just cut it out and move it to the side...

A few days ago I moved a batch of 5 week old chicks to the outside grow-out pen to make room in the brooder. A couple of them weren't as fully feathered as I would have liked. Yesterday I put a Sweeter Heater out there because it was predicted to be much colder today. They were all hanging out by the heater at sunset. Now it's after 11 pm. I just went out to check on them and... yeah. They're piled in a corner as far away from the heater as possible, looking comfy as can be. Didn't want to be moved, either. I figure they know where the heater is and it is there for MY peace of mind. Apparently they are big chickens now and don't need no stinkin' heater.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom