Arizona Chickens

...I like those, what a cute idea for nesting box, lol. You'll have to tell me what store to find them it should I need more. with 3 hens going Broody! !... I just might need to get some more lol! ;)

Those are cheap 18 gallon storage bins from Lowe's. (5.98 at Lowe's, they advertise the same box in a lime green color for 2.98, but don't have them in stock). Look for a YouTube video about making your own nest boxes.

Cute little babies.........mommy wasn't too happy with any type of photo op!!
These are our "surprise" babies.......
love.gif

Here is an updated photo of the babies I have they will be 2 wks old thrus. These are black copper and white Marans Their wings are almost all feathered and they are starting to get tail feathers. Boy do they grow fast.

The next batch only has 15 eggs in it. 6 from my pure Cornish and 9 out of 18 from eggs I bought. Nine of the ordered eggs were not fertile but that is a risk I knew I was taking hoping for most of these to hatch starting tomorrow.

Ever thought of a quail processing class? I've heard that its totally different than chickens right?

They are the same only very tiny. I watched some Youtube videos on how to do it and just, well, did it. Having all those extra young roos crowing at all hours was the big incentive to get it done sooner rather than later. It was so quiet after the extra roos were in the fridge! These were the best videos on how to process quail.

I'll put these as links since I'm not sure everyone here is comfortable with something as graphic as processing a live bird into meat.

Dispatching the bird humanely.
Processing by skinning and removing the backbone.
Processing by scalding and plucking.

Last edited:
They are the same only very tiny. I watched some Youtube videos on how to do it and just, well, did it. Having all those extra young roos crowing at all hours was the big incentive to get it done sooner rather than later. It was so quiet after the extra roos were in the fridge! These were the best videos on how to process quail.

I'll put these as links since I'm not sure everyone here is comfortable with something as graphic as processing a live bird into meat.

Dispatching the bird humanely.
Processing by skinning and removing the backbone.
Processing by scalding and plucking.
Thank you for posting this it was very informative

Back
Top Bottom