Arizona Chickens

I have an EE and she lays beautiful green eggs- I also have orpis and in the summer it can get up to 120 here ..
last year about 117 was what we had. I say it seems hardest on the orpis - they are kind of chubby...
but with a mister and some fans they do OK.... make sure lots of fresh cool water and we do frozen veggies or melon snacks in the hottest part of the day.. I am in tucson

Do you have the self-blue or lavender orpingtons? That's what I am looking for right now.

Hello from the City of Maricopa.

I have been raising American Seramas for several years now. I love them. I want to increase my flock, so I'm looking at other bantam breeds. Any suggestions of breeds that would be safe mates for the seramas as they would all be living together? Would love some varied colored eggs.

Also, looking to add ducks to my backyard. Any suggestions for bantam duck breeds? Anyone raining Ancona's? Are they too loud for suburbia?

Thanks,
Jack

I have been raising American Seramas for several years now. I love them. I want to increase my flock, so I'm looking at other bantam breeds. Any suggestions of breeds that would be safe mates for the seramas as they would all be living together? Would love some varied colored eggs.

Also, looking to add ducks to my backyard. Any suggestions for bantam duck breeds? Anyone raining Ancona's? Are they too loud for suburbia?

Thanks,
Jack
When I had seramas.(hens only) They got along with all my other chickens. In other words, feisty enough to carry their own. I do not have any roosters, and cant.
smile.png

Thanks,
Jack

Hi, Jack! I'm just outside the city of Maricopa. As far as noise goes, it probably would depend of what area that you are in. The closer to town your neighbors will be living closer to you. I don't have any of the ones that you are looking for, though.

Last edited:

Thanks,
Jack
OEGB's (Old English Game Bantams) are just about the size of seramas. I dont believe they lay anythign crazy like blue or green or even pink, but they are quite the little cuties!

As for small ducks, size wise call ducks are awesom, but noisy as can be...

Muscovys are pretty tame/quiet, but can get quite large.....

lol there never is a happy medium.

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out with an online chick order. I found a guy that ships beautiful Lavender Ameraucanas, but he was a 25 chick minimum. So, I was wondering if anyome would like to order some chicks with me so that I didn't have to order so many to fit the order requirements. They also carry bantam buff and Lavender Ameraucanas, bantam vorwerk, lavenvelders, hamburgs, and blue eggers. For large fowl, they carry Lavender, buff, and silver Ameraucanas. Thanks!

Here's the link to his birds:
http://fowlstuff.com/Fowl.html

If interested, please PM me!

Last edited:
Hello!
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out with an online chick order. I found a guy that ships beautiful Lavender Ameraucanas, but he was a 25 chick minimum. So, I was wondering if anyome would like to order some chicks with me so that I didn't have to order so many to fit the order requirements. Thanks!

Here's the link to his birds:
http://fowlstuff.com/Fowl.html

If interested, please PM me!

If they had a couple of those Lavender Orps, I would be interest in helping you. I did notice that that link that you mentioned did have the banty sized ones too. I also noticed that @QuailCouncel mentioned in his post that he was looking for some banties.

Last edited:
If they had a couple of those Lavender Orps, I would be interest in helping you. I did notice that that link that you mentioned did have the banty sized ones too. I also noticed that @QuailCounsel mentioned in his post that he was looking for some banties.

I don't believe they have the Orps. I think they only carry Ameraucanas.

Back
Top Bottom