Arizona Chickens

gig.gif

I always use a no crow collar, and I have for the last 3 years. Any boys I have done has done well. The trick is to be able to get it on tight enough so they don't crow so loud. It's usually very difficult to get it tight enough sometimes to keep them from crowing at a loud volume!! My youngest rooster is not AS friendly with me anymore since I put this on him, and he was super friendly before and would let me handle him all the time. I find after I put the two inch Velcro around the neck, I have to wait for a day and see if I can still hear him and make an adjustment the following day once I can catch him again. ;)

1 Roo had a little bit of problem with the crop being full, so maybe every two weeks take it off for a little bit (maybe a full day)and then put it back on that night when they go to roost. Private message me if you have any other questions! I would say if they're young you're going to need to adjust it periodically and maybe check it weekly. I to live in the city and do not want to tick off my neighbors.

Just maybe a quarter of an inch at most is enough for them to eat drink and they can still continue their mating activities without any problems! If I can I'll try to get you a picture of my one roo with it on him. :)

Yes please a picture would be helpful
Did you get the "original" or did you make it yourself?

I just don't have the heart to send my new babies to slaughter.... 
My husband vehemently swore that any roosters who dared to hatch, would have to go right away... 
but now he too is in love with Picard and Roberto.....

the third one is not crowing, but he is acting more like a rooster then a hen.... it would be just our luck to hatch more roos then hens

new babies... Picard, Roberto, Lumpy, FiveAlive, and #2 (suspected roo)
I can't get on byc to add a picture from my phone. I took one too!! :/

Here is an example of something you can find on Amazon that should be what you could cut down to size for the velcro. The last one I bought was white and not this black one. See below
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00575600W/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

According to the BYC Breeders Directory, desertmarcy has the blue ones:

Member: desertmarcy
Poultry Type: Heritage Turkeys, Large Fowl Chickens
Breeds: Royal Palm, Bourbon Red, Narragansett, Bronze, Slate, Black, Penciled Palm, Red Slate, Lilac, Blue Red Bronze, Blue Narragansett, Blue Red Narragansett, Mottled Slate, Sweetgrass, Oregon Blue; Barred Plymouth Rock, Black Copper Marans, Blue Copper Marans, Buff Ameraucana, Blue Ameraucana
I offer: Chicks, started birds
Ship eggs? No
Ship birds? Yes
NPIP Certified? No

Send desertmarcy a Private Message

According to the BYC Breeders Directory, desertmarcy has the blue ones:

Member: desertmarcy
Poultry Type: Heritage Turkeys, Large Fowl Chickens
Breeds: Royal Palm, Bourbon Red, Narragansett, Bronze, Slate, Black, Penciled Palm, Red Slate, Lilac, Blue Red Bronze, Blue Narragansett, Blue Red Narragansett, Mottled Slate, Sweetgrass, Oregon Blue; Barred Plymouth Rock, Black Copper Marans, Blue Copper Marans, Buff Ameraucana, Blue Ameraucana
I offer: Chicks, started birds
Ship eggs? No
Ship birds? Yes
NPIP Certified? No

Send desertmarcy a Private Message

Thank you very much, but I am looking for only a Lavender or a self blue rooster or hatchinge eggs.

Hello , does anyone have any experience with privett hatchery ?
Does anyone know about how much shipping is ? I don't really understand how their shipping prices work .
Thanks

Does anyone know about how much shipping is ? I don't really understand how their shipping prices work .
Thanks

I know a feed store in Phoenix that uses them. I haven't. Usually there's the add-on charge for a small box aka partial box & I think they do an additional charge if it's less than a quarter box. Box is usually about 100-120 chicks depending on size. Not sure if they do a per chick ship fee like others. Plus tax. Might be best to call them.

I've dealt with ideal & that's what pet club uses. They were nice. I know they've a $7 small box charge, per chick ship fee (15ish cents for chickens & i think for geese-turkeys 25ish. Ducks & guinea I think are same as chicken. Not 100% so don't quote me on out. Lol). I do know they sometimes run specials.

Thanks

Many of the feed stores use the hatcheries when the get chicks, but some of them are also starting to look for local breeders in the area. What breed of chicks are you looking for? There may be one of our members here who is a local breeder that you might be able to get some from if you were looking to get the breed that they might have.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom