Arizona Chickens

Hi all,

We are getting 2 pullet eggs a day :loveno more store eggs. My chicks are still inside, it's so stinkin hot I'm afraid to take them out yet. We're butchering the last rooster tomorrow morning and hoping there's a Nn rooster in the chicks we have.

Hope you're all doing well! I'm looking forward to the cooler days we have headed our way even if it's just a few..
I get cooler temps than the valley, so I just put my 3.5 week olds back outside today, after pulling them inside due to the heat wave. One of them was up on the big girl roost! (I don't have any big girls btw just these chicks).

I get cooler temps than the valley, so I just put my 3.5 week olds back outside today, after pulling them inside due to the heat wave. One of them was up on the big girl roost! (I don't have any big girls btw just these chicks).

They are predicting a bit cooler temp's for us this week Mon. through Thursday, I seen on the news last night.

I'm not doing a Summer hatch again! It's too hot outside for chicks and I really hate brooding them inside. So. Much. Dust. Everywhere!

I'm not doing a Summer hatch again! It's too hot outside for chicks and I really hate brooding them inside. So. Much. Dust. Everywhere!

I'm in the middle of doing a revamp on my remaining flock now since the older hen's are all molting. The young cockerel has been re-penned so his raging hormone's don't bother the hen's. I am introducing younger pullet's and some hen's to the flock soon, and I only have kept one of my 3 original NN hen's. My next door neighbor now has the other 2. Yes, I kept that darker eyed hen that lay's the egg that I liked so well.

I'm in the middle of doing a revamp on my remaining flock now since the older hen's are all molting. The young cockerel has been re-penned so his raging hormone's don't bother the hen's. I am introducing younger pullet's and some hen's to the flock soon, and I only have kept one of my 3 original NN hen's. My next door neighbor now has the other 2. Yes, I kept that darker eyed hen that lay's the egg that I liked so well.

Younger pullets as in newly purchased?

The lone chick I got from you has some black spots on the head. I can't wait to see how it turns out after the adult molt!

Younger pullets as in newly purchased?

The lone chick I got from you has some black spots on the head. I can't wait to see how it turns out after the adult molt!

Well, you know that I have some chick's in my brooder, and you never know what I might pick up next. I am keeping my eye's open.

You know that some of mine do have a few black scattered feathering mixed in with the white. Maybe that one will also.

Ok my AZ peeps... Peeps = Chicks = Chicks = Chickens... ok it was dumb but funny dumb. Heat / laying ? My 4 chickens I got just before Easter and the 2 others that are two months older. Now that we're in September I was hoping to have eggs by now. How long does it take for them to be old enough to lay. 2 BO's they are older, 2 RIR, 1 BR, 1 EE. Although my BR has comb and waddles the others are very small still. Is it too hot for them to lay eggs?

Ok my AZ peeps... Peeps = Chicks = Chicks = Chickens... ok it was dumb but funny dumb. Heat / laying ? My 4 chickens I got just before Easter and the 2 others that are two months older. Now that we're in September I was hoping to have eggs by now. How long does it take for them to be old enough to lay. 2 BO's they are older, 2 RIR, 1 BR, 1 EE. Although my BR has comb and waddles the others are very small still. Is it too hot for them to lay eggs?

How soon that hen's lay can sometime's depend on the breed. With the EE's it is hard to tell, because they are a mixed breed, so that would depend on the mixture of the breed's that were used to create them. The average time though is 5 to 6 months, or like 24 week's old.

Back
Top Bottom