Arizona Chickens

No idea why any sane person would want those things. He can come and take all of my tumbleweeds if he wants to sell them.

This reminds me of the time a hardware store decided to sell bags filled with sand. Yep, we need lots of sand out here in the desert. Everybody laughed, nobody bought any.
A lot of people use sand for when the river floods. They redrew our flood plains recently.

As long as it's not those horney goat weed's. She doesn't have a goat, but she has a squirrel.
If you're talking about those weeds with the goat's head thorns, I have lots of them, too. :( The dogs are always getting them in the fur around their toes and bringing them indoors.

And I have plenty of those little cacti that hide down in the weeds with spines that go right through Crocs,too. Don't ask me how I know that part. Last summer I was standing on one foot trying to deal with the spines in a Croc shoe I'd been wearing, lost my balance, and ended up landing knee first in more of those little cacti. Done working outside for the rest of the day after that. Just done. :rolleyes:

If you're talking about those weeds with the goat's head thorns, I have lots of them, too. :( The dogs are always getting them in the fur around their toes and bringing them indoors.

And I have plenty of those little cacti that hide down in the weeds with spines that go right through Crocs,too. Don't ask me how I know that part. Last summer I was standing on one foot trying to deal with the spines in a Croc shoe I'd been wearing, lost my balance, and ended up landing knee first in more of those little cacti. Done working outside for the rest of the day after that. Just done. :rolleyes:
Better watch your squirrel though. They can be egg thieves.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe @cavemanrich would so that it would remind him of when he was out here in the desert before he moved to the snowbank's up there?
Sand bags are actually sold all winter long in my parts. They call them a Tube of sand. and is in a shape of a plastic bag tube. They do come in handy if you are stuck in Ice and Snow. It was also a handy item for older autos that were just rear wheel drive. The added weight helped with traction in snow. Front wheel drive autos are less likely to get stuck,,, because the engine provides the weight on the drive wheels.
Maybe I can get him to send me some dandelion seeds. They used to sell dandelion greens at the grocery store and they were great in a salad, but those little delicacies don't grow around here. I could have my own dandelion patch. :)
Dandelion is good in a fresh tossed salad combo. :drool:drool:drool At one time,, McDonald's salads did include dandelion. Lately,, I don't see it in there.
I never did see Seeds for sale anywhere,, probably because they are available free most everywhere. If you are serious,, and want some,, I have no problem throwing some into an envelope, and send to you. Just PM me,, and no,,,, you do not need to send me a stamped envelope.. Caveman can still splurge on postage. :thumbsup
If you do decide to grow it,, you probably would do best container growing in good potting soil. Like I grow my sorrel. Plenty of watering, and fertilizer, and no other weeds to deal with.
1650261628893.jpeg

Better watch your squirrel though. They can be egg thieves.
I never had squirrels steal any chicken eggs. Yes.. I do have plenty of hungry ones around.. Well,,, not all that hungry since I feed those Lil Devlz :old :love
1650263635481.jpeg

BOSS is their FAV.

Sand bags are actually sold all winter long in my parts. They call them a Tube of sand. and is in a shape of a plastic bag tube. They do come in handy if you are stuck in Ice and Snow. It was also a handy item for older autos that were just rear wheel drive. The added weight helped with traction in snow. Front wheel drive autos are less likely to get stuck,,, because the engine provides the weight on the drive wheels.

Dandelion is good in a fresh tossed salad combo. :drool:drool:drool At one time,, McDonald's salads did include dandelion. Lately,, I don't see it in there.
I never did see Seeds for sale anywhere,, probably because they are available free most everywhere. If you are serious,, and want some,, I have no problem throwing some into an envelope, and send to you. Just PM me,, and no,,,, you do not need to send me a stamped envelope.. Caveman can still splurge on postage. :thumbsup
If you do decide to grow it,, you probably would do best container growing in good potting soil. Like I grow my sorrel. Plenty of watering, and fertilizer, and no other weeds to deal with.
View attachment 3067774

I never had squirrels steal any chicken eggs. Yes.. I do have plenty of hungry ones around.. Well,,, not all that hungry since I feed those Lil Devlz :old :love
View attachment 3067787
BOSS is their FAV.

I might just take you up on that offer. The thyme, rosemary, and Transylvanian garlic are all sprouting, and once they take hold and can be transplanted outside, there will be pots available for dandelions.

Your fuzzy tailed tree rats are cute from a distance, but please don't make plans to mail me one of those, too! :eek:

Maybe I can get him to send me some dandelion seeds. They used to sell dandelion greens at the grocery store and they were great in a salad, but those little delicacies don't grow around here. I could have my own dandelion patch. :)
I have so many dandelions here in the yard, if you want some seed I'll collect some and send it to you free

Back
Top Bottom