Arizona Chickens

Update on Broody -now has 5 eggs, I candled and took away 2 clear eggs and she smooshed one (blood filled quitter). I figured that would happen to some which is why I left her 8 to begin with. At candling at least 2 have movement and others are hard to tell since they are medium brown colored eggs, and she was hurrying me trying to roll them back.
Update 2 on Broody- I had to take 2 eggs that survived a jealous ruckus from other hen and put them in incubator. Broody wasn't separated securely enough to keep ruckus out.

So I took 2 eggs out of incubator to make room and then another 4 clear eggs came out next day when I candled (very early candling but others had already developed veins so I took them out anyway). So updated count is 23 eggs total now all in the incubator.

Update 2 on Broody- I had to take 2 eggs that survived a jealous ruckus from other hen and put them in incubator. Broody wasn't separated securely enough to keep ruckus out.

So I took 2 eggs out of incubator to make room and then another 4 clear eggs came out next day when I candled (very early candling but others had already developed veins so I took them out anyway). So updated count is 23 eggs total now all in the incubator.
You didn't take any of the one's that you got from me out, did you? With 2 roosters in there, there shouldn't be any dud's.

I guess you learned that next time you decide to let a broody hatch, to make it a Fort Knox. :gig

Last edited:
You didn't take any of the one's that you got from me out, did you? With 2 roosters in there, there shouldn't be any dud's.

I guess you learned that next time you decide to let a broody hatch, to make it a Fort Knox. :gig
No I only took 2 Barred Hollands (since I have multiple BH roosters still) and 4 clear NN eggs out. I think all the Bf have something in them - hard to tell because brown eggs and it's pretty early -only day 6 I think.

Yes Ft Knox it shall be - but at least Broody is now broken!

No I only took 2 Barred Hollands (since I have multiple BH roosters still) and 4 clear NN eggs out. I think all the Bf have something in them - hard to tell because brown eggs and it's pretty early -only day 6 I think.

Yes Ft Knox it shall be - but at least Broody is now broken!
Didn't you set the egg's in the incubator on the 5th? I'm thinking that the hatch should be on the 25th?

Didn't you set the egg's in the incubator on the 5th? I'm thinking that the hatch should be on the 25th?
My Hatchkeeper app says I started on 6th. And I just found where I wrote it down on the 6th. Maybe I started the incubator on 5th to get it ready. Incubator countdown says I'm on day 14 (countDOWN - it just now changed from 15)

My Hatchkeeper app says I started on 6th. And I just found where I wrote it down on the 6th. Maybe I started the incubator on 5th to get it ready. Incubator countdown says I'm on day 14 (countDOWN - it just now changed from 15)
Ok, so the hatch should be on around the 26th. I'm waiting to see how many of my egg's hatch out for you and how many males and females pop out of those egg's.

Hi all,
I'm trying to rehome my 2 Penciled Rock hens, (the Gerties) they're about 16 months old from McMurray.
They have chronic squishy crops but they don't seem to need crop bras or suffer from any related crop issues.
They are low ranking hens here, so they need a small flock of calm hens, they're a bit skittish but one of them likes her keel rubbed but she'll bite when she's had enough.
The lay medium cream colored eggs.
20230913_182542.jpg 20230913_182616.jpg

Hi all,
I'm trying to rehome my 2 Penciled Rock hens, (the Gerties) they're about 16 months old from McMurray.
They have chronic squishy crops but they don't seem to need crop bras or suffer from any related crop issues.
They are low ranking hens here, so they need a small flock of calm hens, they're a bit skittish but one of them likes her keel rubbed but she'll bite when she's had enough.
The lay medium cream colored eggs.
View attachment 3635175View attachment 3635177
They have a nice looking feather pattern. I hope that you will be able to find someone that will take them in and give them a good home.

Back
Top Bottom