Arizona Chickens

They always seem to have good deals on good trees/plants. That's a good price too for that size. Mine is only 30" tall and seems to be taking a break from producing just like the chickens are. Dadnabbit.

I'm thinking about tearing out our fifteen year old tree from the front yard and put in a fifteen gallon pomegranate tree. Our current tree tops twenty feet pretty easily and can do some serious damage if it hit the house during a storm. It always drops a ton of leaves and pods, too. I want something more productive. RSI Growers in Glendale.

Have you been there before? I've gone to their website several times and was close to driving out there but couldn't get a straight answer of their hours. Just curious if it was as good of a place as their website makes it out to be. Glendale is a bit far for me to drive just to be disappointed.

Have you been there before? I've gone to their website several times and was close to driving out there but couldn't get a straight answer of their hours. Just curious if it was as good of a place as their website makes it out to be. Glendale is a bit far for me to drive just to be disappointed.
Yes & no. I remember it as it was in the 60's then the 80's, it used to be a true frame store, they have reinvented themselves as a pet store and the back yard chicken and livestock. They had to make the change do to the changing customer. It used to have lots of chickens and Rabits, and a big black rooster that walked the cages. They kept the mascot of a rooster, cleaned it up to be a pet store. No more farmers and cowboys in the middle of the work day, no more men smelling like men. I do not mind fresh sweet, that is part of hard work. You need to find the right person to ask questions. There is at lest 1 or 2 working at any given time that really knows chickens.

The store in Surprise is not as good as the Glendale Store, sometimes the people that know chickens are not there.

Ha ha, thanks for the info. I was referring to RSI growers. It's a nursery that suppose to have a large variety of fruit trees that they grow and graft right here in AZ.

Ok so they moved out Tuesday night, this is they in the coop. So far so good. I put the heat lamp in the ceiling of the coop and put a tarp over the coop at night, as well as closing the door so they cannot get out into the run. It must get warm in there the first morning they were in a feather pile in the nest box out of the direct heat of the lamp, today when I opened the door to the run they charged out to eat.

And Introductions
Barred Rock- Big Mama, she is supper sweet and lets me hold her
Black Sex Link - Blacky or grumpy, she does not like being held even after all the handling
EE - Brainy - shes kinda off and slow, but getting better at holding her own
EE - Bossy - Shes very bossy of the othes and steals food from them
I have a Red sex link and a RIR, but I don't know which is which anymore. One we call Cleo as she has fantastic mascara eyes and the other is Red.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom