Arizona Chickens

Hey all! Haven't been on in a long long long while. I lost a few beeps this summer and it made me sad. But having just finished my new run for the two still left, I'm looking to round out the flock again with two or three more ladies!

I could grab some chicks from the store but I thought I'd reach out here first to find out if anyone is in need of a home for younger pullets or hens who are still strong layers, happy to pay for them ... I'd rather support y'all here first before i go buy any.

Thanks!

PM Or even just text me 480-five-22-four four four three

Hope everyone is doing well. I am also hoping I can get back into chickening with you guys. I miss the sense community and positivity.

Cheers!

No chick's but our own.. Join us this evening for potluck, BYC seed exchange chicken talk ect..
1606 East Apache.. 6pm.. All are welcome..
Even if you do not have seeds, there is plenty.. Bring your own drinks as we'll..

This morning "Tiny" tried to give "Fluffy" a peck..She chased her down. "Fluffy" our 20 year old kitty must of tried to get one of the French Bresse chick's. She used to bring home bird's, sometimes half eaten.. Fluffy would go on walks around the neighborhood with me when I walked the dogs, the mocking bird moma's would swoop down and go after her all the time.. So, this week & a half I have been putting D.E. in the cat food. They are not happy & probably hungry.. All 3 Breese babies are still alive..

Here is our infamous fluffy, & the 2 silver Swedish duck's in their roasting pan.. :lau

Speaking of cats... seven kittens born today! All cute as buttons... and all mistakes, because apparently, some unfixed tom has been wandering around our property since Momma cat last gave birth. We thought she was safe for a few months until she wasn't nursing anymore, but nooooo, more babies. We're drowning in cats!
barnie.gif

Speaking of cats... seven kittens born today! All cute as buttons... and all mistakes, because apparently, some unfixed tom has been wandering around our property since Momma cat last gave birth. We thought she was safe for a few months until she wasn't nursing anymore, but nooooo, more babies. We're drowning in cats! :barnie

I'd love to take some kitties off your hands, but my hound is a bobcat, mountain lion hunter and she aparenlty can't tell the difference between a pet cat and a bobcat, all cats to her :/

hi , I might have a few for a no kill home or a for ever home .! we are members of the animal rescue here in Bisbee AZ we rescued all kinds of animals that need a good homes & we find them all good homes , we are staying in temporary digs here with all our chickens, wile building our other home & we have 2 BR & 1 NHR, just 26 to 28 weeks & laying good size eggs, i would sell them to a great no kill home , since all of our birds usually die of old age....lol... we are having problems with them because THEY pick on my younger wyandotts ,but theses 3 are very friendly like puppies to us & all have been hand raised & like being picked up , we intend to try one more solution at keeping them, we also have a young NHR rooster for free , but if theses 3 dont work out like i hoped..? they will need a new home but a no kill home only , take care Dianna
frow.gif

I have mallard and peking duck breeding pairs that need homes asap. 20 bucks a pair. We are located in mesa at baseline and sossaman off the 60. These birds are not tame. Let me know if you want some, otherwise most will have to go to freezer camp.

hi , I might have a  few  for  a no kill home or a  for ever  home .!   we are members of the animal rescue here  in Bisbee  AZ   we rescued  all kinds of  animals  that need a good homes  & we  find them all good  homes ,  we  are  staying  in  temporary  digs here  with  all our chickens,  wile building  our other  home  & we  have 2 BR &  1 NHR, just 26 to 28 weeks & laying  good size eggs,  i would  sell them to  a great  no kill home , since  all of  our  birds  usually die of old age....lol... we  are having problems  with them   because  THEY pick on my younger  wyandotts ,but theses  3  are very friendly like puppies to us & all have been hand raised & like being  picked up , we intend  to try one  more  solution at  keeping  them, we also have a young  NHR   rooster   for  free  , but if theses  3 dont  work out like i hoped..?  they  will need  a  new  home  but a no kill home only , take  care   Dianna:frow

Let me know! Happy to give them a home. We don't eat our birds.

This morning "Tiny" tried to give "Fluffy" a peck..She chased her down. "Fluffy" our 20 year old kitty must of tried to get one of the French Bresse chick's. She used to bring home bird's, sometimes half eaten.. Fluffy would go on walks around the neighborhood with me when I walked the dogs, the mocking bird moma's would swoop down and go after her all the time.. So, this week & a half I have been putting D.E. in the cat food. They are not happy & probably hungry.. All 3 Breese babies are still alive..

Here is our infamous fluffy, & the 2 silver Swedish duck's in their roasting pan.. :lau

Speaking of cats... seven kittens born today! All cute as buttons... and all mistakes, because apparently, some unfixed tom has been wandering around our property since Momma cat last gave birth. We thought she was safe for a few months until she wasn't nursing anymore, but nooooo, more babies. We're drowning in cats!
barnie.gif
AWWWW gosh , well if you have a short haired totally black one i might be interested...? so let me know , any way nice to meet you take care Dianna
frow.gif

it takes a really long time to catch up on posts if you havent logged on since spring.
we are at the very tail end of purchasing a larger home with land in AJ. supposed to sign papers monday, then again, we were supposed to sign papers weeks ago. *sigh* I've been reading up on zoning out there and looks like where we are buying i cant have my rooster. thats pretty distressing because out of my 7 chickens, he's the one i love most, the big baby is almost 4 years old and i've raised him from the egg :( so, i am very interested in the no crow collar i have been reading about here. please post if you have it and it works for you, and if it doesnt why do you think that is. my guy rarely crows and when he does its very deep (compared to the many roosters i've had before him) he also has to crook his neck and tilt his head way left, he looks hilarious.
anyway, hi everyone! i know i always promise to participate more when i show up, then i never do. so no promises this time. i love love love reading this thread tho and it always brings me back to my goals.

Back
Top Bottom