Arizona Chickens

Quote: when other peoples parrots have flown away, we helped them & set up a tape player that has a loop reel playing over & over the voices of other parrots & that has worked...really well..... the lost birds come home in a few days and even go right back into their open cage that was left out side for them & my son had his beebee parrot fly away off his shoulder when it got scared one afternoon, so i had him stand out side and call his bird back to him & it came right back, so maybe that can help get your rooster back to...? try calling him....!and let us know how that goes, ive got my fingers crossed that your roo will return home...!!!!
highfive.gif
take care Dianna
frow.gif

It's always good to hear from you LKD. Am so glad to hear you are traveling safely and having interesting experiences. I look forward to further updates.

Not chicken related, but backyard related
bun.gif
We have movement!!!! My first rabbit doe was laying down tonight and I could clearly see her fur moving in a different direction than her breathing. As I looked more closely, it was amazing to see the waves of movement through her fur in the abdominal area!!!! She was mated to our buck 3 weeks ago yesterday. I had no idea if it took because it was still warm out and they are both first timers. Can you tell I'm a little excited. Thanks for letting me share my enthusiasm. To think that I was in the deepest depression when I first started out with chickens 2 years ago. Through everything I learn on this forum, I am moving closer to my dream of owning my own small homestead and becoming more self reliant. I am so glad to share the journey with you peeps. Even if I wouldn't know you to bump into you. You have made a position contribution and I'm thankful for that.
smile.png
well said, i second it.

i am seeing turkeys and maybe even goats in my future.
in moving to AJ news, we have decided to try to keep our rooster. we've met the neighbors behind us and they want chickens so thats just awesome. the neighbors on both sides we havent met yet but i'm hoping for the best. we do hear 2 roosters in the area but that doesnt mean anyone wanted one right here. our yard is the only one on the block with a night time utility light, and i heard my roo crowing at midnight so he finished his night in the laundry room.
hmm.png
my dad saw 2 coyotes this morning on the street in front of our house. i really hope they dont discover the back yard.

well said, i second it.

i am seeing turkeys and maybe even goats in my future.
in moving to AJ news, we have decided to try to keep our rooster. we've met the neighbors behind us and they want chickens so thats just awesome. the neighbors on both sides we havent met yet but i'm hoping for the best. we do hear 2 roosters in the area but that doesnt mean anyone wanted one right here. our yard is the only one on the block with a night time utility light, and i heard my roo crowing at midnight so he finished his night in the laundry room. :/ my dad saw 2 coyotes this morning on the street in front of our house. i really hope they dont discover the back yard.

Maybe your head is in Oz! The coyotes have ears as well as noses, and were probably doing a recon of your backyard. If you want to KEEP your chickens, you should immediately look into fortifications. I hate to bust your bubble, but just read all the old posts to see how many people have lost their chickens to predators, mainly neighborhood dogs and coyotes.

I've been outta there for 7 years, lol so I'm not as naive as I may sound. We have 2 coyotes, so far that we've noticed, that make early morning rounds down our street. Yesterday was trash day and my dad assumes they were shopping the bins, smelling the smells. We fully expect a coyote attack - we just really HOPE it doesnt happen. Thanks for your concern, I dread those predator loss posts and certainly dont want to post one of my own. We have fortified around our chicken yard and are next going to work on getting rabbit wire as well as an apron all around their main house.

Thank you for your input. The one I suspect to be my Red Sex Link (Cinnamon Queen I think is the other name the poster was looking for) looks tons like your RSL. There is no way I was sent the correct order b/c none of them look remotely like a GSL, except my Americauna and her comb, wattle, legs, beard, etc are all Americauna. I get the feeling I was sent a RIR. I haven't done breed research in a while but there was a reason I opted not to get one when I was placing my order. Anyone have insight on the breed (other than what I am about to read up on the breeds link here)?

or maybe a New Hampshire Red, or a Sussex. It's so hard for a newbie such as myself to know. I'll post pics (possibly today when I get home). Which forum should they go in?

Hi all, I'm selling a Black Ameraucana group, 1 cockerel and 4 pullets, 6 months old, from show stock. Would like to sell as a group but will consider offers on 2 or more. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom