Arizona Chickens

I typically take the innards out first, because I can't seem to fillet and cut up worth beans, lol. I certainly don't want to make a mess and if its possible to spoil my meat, I definitely wouldn't want to do that!
wink.png
I have found if I cut off the legs first, that's where my real problem begins, then I can't seem to tell which is the breast bone from the back bone lol. however with more support from you guys I may be able to do this in the manner that @Sill has tried to teach me!
fl.gif
I just takes more practice. You'll get the hang of it.

I noticed this week that having a daughter that's now a teen has created some problems, such as she decided to trim my nectarine shade tree that gives extra shade to my chickens. And I find she's trying to fix and arrange other things to her liking, which I'm not very happy about. I've strategically tried to make things a certain way to give the chickens the best shade possible for this time of year. I know she's trying to make things look aesthetically OR politically correct in my backyard but I don't know how to tell her you're helping me is not helping me, lol. I hope I can encourage her to ask me first before she takes on being helpful!
fl.gif
I am trying to teach her and their need for water saucers and mini pools to stand under in shaded areas to cool off. To her credit she did place an umbrella over some of my birds that are in an area in extra large dog kennels!

Has anybody else experienced a family member trying to be too helpful and they ruined what you were creating for your chickens?
Oh that would be my mom! She's got OCD when it comes to landscaping. She even "helped" me once by cleaning up under my fruit trees and threw out the "mess". That mess was the wood chips I had spread under them to help build the soil and it was down to bare earth. I've since replaced the wood chips but she had removed some nice black top soil in the process that now has to be recreated.

There's nothing worse than a dead tool silhouette.
lau.gif

I went out to my layer flock pen to collect eggs today, and upon turning my back to leave I felt a "pillow" whack me in the back of the thigh. Curious, I turned to find one of my Silkie cockerels doing his best to go after me. It's a little hard to take him seriously as he tries to look tough, but he's still moved to the top of the cull list for next weekend.

If only he knew how precarious his life is. The mean ones are always first on the list no matter how cute.

In response to having a family member that wants to "help". That brought back a great memory. My mother was visiting from out of town and thought the front of the house could use some "color". It was September and blazing hot. My DH worked outside all day and just got home. He was choosing to relax when she thought it would be better for him to be digging holes for flowers. She got impatient and found a pick axe. Need I say more? OK just in case I do. She took a couple of swings and struck the underground sprinkler system. We had a 3 foot high single water splash pad in our front yard. No color but lots of water! This was mom
hide.gif
. This was DH
he.gif
. And well, I was just
idunno.gif
. P.S. the reason mom came to visit was to help with the new baby I just had. What a helper she was!!! Thanks for the great memory. We all laugh about it now!

I went out to my layer flock pen to collect eggs today, and upon turning my back to leave I felt a "pillow" whack me in the back of the thigh. Curious, I turned to find one of my Silkie cockerels doing his best to go after me. It's a little hard to take him seriously as he tries to look tough, but he's still moved to the top of the cull list for next weekend. 

A bit of a Napoleon complex? Too bad that wasn't caught on video!

:gig .....Yes! Caught on video would be good!!

Hi there! My lease is up in September I am literally dying to get some chickens, even if I do have to wait for next year. I would love any information I can beg about what anyone knows about areas to rent in that would let me have them. I'm in Peoria now, and my MIL is in Surprise.

Where can I get a female baby chicken this weekend?

I hatched one baby this week by accident and it needs a friend. I don't want to go to Pratt's and I've called a few places that either don't have any or only have unsexed chicks.

Thanks!

Where can I get a female baby chicken this weekend?

I hatched one baby this week by accident and it needs a friend. I don't want to go to Pratt's and I've called a few places that either don't have any or only have unsexed chicks.

Thanks!

Can try Western Ranchman on Bell. We got our original 4 there. They sold them sexed and all 4 ended up female.

Hi there! My lease is up in September I am literally dying to get some chickens, even if I do have to wait for next year. I would love any information I can beg about what anyone knows about areas to rent in that would let me have them. I'm in Peoria now, and my MIL is in Surprise.

Just don't rent in a HOA.. I am sure some will chime in as to where on that side of town you can have them.. Really just about anywhere, I think..
What breeds do you want?

Back
Top Bottom