Arizona Chickens

this album has most of my chickens at various ages (including those that are no longer living or with me) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.665384070261809&type=1&l=0bbdea0ab9

You've got some really lovely birds! I've never seen the bantam Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks before, and your Silkies and Silkie mixes are adorable. And Blackbeard is gorgeous! He represents my favorite color combination in a rooster. I have a few with those really coppery feathers + black and I just love that look. I can't wait to see how your project turns out! Nicely done!

You've got some really lovely birds! I've never seen the bantam Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks before, and your Silkies and Silkie mixes are adorable. And Blackbeard is gorgeous! He represents my favorite color combination in a rooster. I have a few with those really coppery feathers + black and I just love that look. I can't wait to see how your project turns out! Nicely done!
Actually I am no longer doing that project (no room for another project/breed) but I am doing an ameraucana color project that easter egger is the f1 in my buff laced white ameraucana project, I also plan to get barring on a wheaten ameraucana (basically black and gold roosters similar to crele, the hens would be hard to describe though)

Last edited:
There's not much bedding in that nesting box. I wonder if that could've contributed to the death of the two chicks. :(

But congratulations on your two little survivors! :)

Whenever I put more in there, she just kicks it out. The two dead chicks were outside the box, and one had obviously been pecked, no marks on the other one. No one else is in that pen, so obviously, momma did it, for whatever reason. This is her first brood, but she seems to be catching on.
Of the 2 survivors, looks like 1 black Ameraucana, and 1 blue. Actually, I wasn't expecting any chicks until tomorrow.

The Moma hen knows best.. They will take care of the sick ones.. Still sad but they know..:hugs

I need to rehome my silkie rooster. He's a handsome boy but we are in the city and his crowing is out of control. Anyone know where I can sell him or give him away?

He really is handsome! It breaks my heart to have to sell him but he also acts like a dog. He chases after people, dogs, cats, neighbors, pigeons. He also scratches the back door and sleeps in a dog crate but if you hold him he's happy. I'm located in downtown Mesa area.

The girls (3 weeks 5 days) are in the big coop for their first night. Of course I'm up and checking on them. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Last edited:
He really is handsome! It breaks my heart to have to sell him but he also acts like a dog. He chases after people, dogs, cats, neighbors, pigeons. He also scratches the back door and sleeps in a dog crate but if you hold him he's happy. I'm located in downtown Mesa area.

I'll pass on the word as a I know of a couple people interested in raising some Silkies or crossing their current flock with some Silkie blood...but they're in the Tucson area.

You said he likes to chase things, but what's his temperament like? Is the chasing just a matter of curiosity, or aggression?

While we're on the subject of roosters, I've got a cockerel that needs a home. He's still too young to be crowing, but he's definitely a rooster. His comb is huge for an 8 week old, and he's starting to develop wattles, too.

He's all black, feathers and skin, most likely a svart hona (the breeder was supposed to give me a blue isbar and screwed up).

This picture is about 2 weeks old. His feathers are darker now, more feathers around neck, bigger comb and wattle, longer tail.

Back
Top Bottom