Arizona Chickens

I have had frozen water every morning
hmm.png
im located in the north, so not too surprising I guess. If I had an outdoor outlet I would definitely make a cookie Tim heater. Let me know how it does@Tina88 I give the ladies fresh warm water every morning and some days even make them some warm oatmeal to heat them up for the day
smile.png

I gave one of my flocks oatmeal this morning and they all looked at me like, "What do you expect us to do with this?" When they still hadn't eaten it by mid-day I switched it out with their standard fermented feed and gave the oatmeal to one of my other and much more appreciative flocks.
hmm.png

How are you chickens? Are they freezing in yet? Have you had to thaw out their water?

... anyone else with pictures? Anyone else with frozen water?

No problems, in fact, the chickens are really pumping out the eggs for the last week or so. Went from 8 a day (molt) to 24 a day. Had to sell 10 dozen today just to make room in the fridge.

Here is one of the boys, guarding his ladies.

good to hear! Making any more fresh mayonnaise this season?

This morning I let marshmallow, a showgirl, out of her contained area with the Ducks. I don't know how this is going to work but they're playing in her water container, which doesn't surprise me..
She gad a gash on her neck from one of the other chicken's. So far they are all getting along.. she is sun bathing & preening this morning. .

I haven't noticed frozen water, but then, I'm a late riser, lol. Anyway I saw the cookie tin heater here on backyard chickens and went and made me one. I have it on tonight. I hope it works. It was simple and cheap. Mine cost me a whole $2.50. I got the parts at our local thrift store. Here it is... Look through the threads and you can read up on them.
That's pretty cool..

I have had frozen water every morning
hmm.png
im located in the north, so not too surprising I guess. If I had an outdoor outlet I would definitely make a cookie Tim heater. Let me know how it does@Tina88 I give the ladies fresh warm water every morning and some days even make them some warm oatmeal to heat them up for the day
smile.png
I still haven't noticed frozen and only used it the one night. I did however notice the water was a bit warmer than the ones that were not on the warmer. So I do believe it will be a great thing come winter. Knowing me, I'll probably make more, lol.

I gave one of my flocks oatmeal this morning and they all looked at me like, "What do you expect us to do with this?" When they still hadn't eaten it by mid-day I switched it out with their standard fermented feed and gave the oatmeal to one of my other and much more appreciative flocks. :/

Hahaha oh chickens! That's funny that they didn't like it. My girls eat it up as soon as it hits the ground! If I was better with knowing how to make it,I would give my them some fermented feed :)

Back
Top Bottom