Arizona Chickens

Check out the passionfruit I got from the vine that I got from gallo in Tucson! It's the second summer in the ground and it's producing fruit now. I got to taste a couple and they are way better than any store bought passionfruit I've tasted. I was in doubt if it was going to pass the taste test so it gets to stay in the yard, otherwise it would have been replaced by grapevines.

Dang - I wish I could get them to grow here!!

Check out the passionfruit I got from the vine that I got from gallo in Tucson! It's the second summer in the ground and it's producing fruit now. I got to taste a couple and they are way better than any store bought passionfruit I've tasted. I was in doubt if it was going to pass the taste test so it gets to stay in the yard, otherwise it would have been replaced by grapevines.
while I was stationed in Hawaii I lost a foot race to a passion fruit on a March in kole kole pass. I know I saw it first. I had no idea they would grow here.

@FeatherPugs , Mallard is doing really well this week. I go out to see him every day, and he loves the attention. He makes such sad noses when I put him back in the pen, its makes me come back every day to give him lovings.

OH did I mention we moved him into the bigger pen? We put him in with 2 girls, to help him transition. We are hoping sometime in julyish, we can breed him to our EE girl, and our Polish girl. Make some cute babies. we will be Incubating, because it's too hot here, and something continues to steal our eggs from the nest. Darn rats, i'm sure of it.

He is feeling a bit abused after yesterday though. :/, we put him in a pen with the barred rocks for all of 3 seconds before they tried to murder him. He didn't approve. I proceeded to hold him like a baby for about an hour, and he fell asleep contentedly. Poor baby doll. He really had become my child, I adore him. I make sure hes got plenty of foods and water, and that hes a happy happy roo.

I have a lot of spare hens 12 weeks old. Golden sex links I bought on straight run. All are hens..lol just don't buy white ones. I can spare some at 10$ each. Give you 5$ credit for your roo. He is gorgeous. I am in Casa Grande that's not far from Mesa. I have 22 hens so plenty to choose from. I also guarantee a hen. I have other breeds about same age almost 60 birds now so I can spare some hens.
I may take you up on your offer. What kinds of breeds do you have? I want a chicken that lays dark/black eggs.

I'm in Kingman, AZ, and new to BYC. I already love it! Right now I have only one Aracana hen, a neighbor's dog killed/maimed the rest. We now have a fence around the yard, and the dog thing is going to court, so hopefully that problem is solved. Of course I will be getting more chicks soon, and am modifying the run and building a new henhouse. I really miss them running around the property and getting into everything I try to do,like dig a garden bed, when I used to let them out to forage.

Im in kingman as well. Where do you get your chicks from?

Last edited:
Ok I just want to say I'm super shocked right now. I am trying to sell my rooster and I want him to go to a good home but the people responding to me clearly want him for cock fighting!!! They don't own any other chickens and don't plan on owning hens. Not cool! What should I do? One person got very angry with me when I tried to tell him I already sold him.

Ok I just want to say I'm super shocked right now. I am trying to sell my rooster and I want him to go to a good home but the people responding to me clearly want him for cock fighting!!! They don't own any other chickens and don't plan on owning hens. Not cool! What should I do? One person got very angry with me when I tried to tell him I already sold him.

OMG! That's awful!

I really wish I could take him, but I'm already overwhelmed with roosters and cockerels...19+ cockerels of various ages and 6 roosters already. I guarantee I'd never fight ANY bird, but I couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't butcher him if he didn't fit with my flock or my breeding programs.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom