Arizona Chickens

Ok I just want to say I'm super shocked right now. I am trying to sell my rooster and I want him to go to a good home but the people responding to me clearly want him for cock fighting!!! They don't own any other chickens and don't plan on owning hens. Not cool! What should I do? One person got very angry with me when I tried to tell him I already sold him.

Be polite and ask them their full name, address, and if this is a good number to reach them at.

When asked why, explain that you're forwarding their # to the local PD so they can investigate illegal sports (cock fighting) and want to make sure the police have good information to go with.

Don't be intimidated by these clowns. A good home is a good home, and it's your prerogative who you sell your animals to.

Be polite and ask them their full name, address, and if this is a good number to reach them at.

When asked why, explain that you're forwarding their # to the local PD so they can investigate illegal sports (cock fighting) and want to make sure the police have good information to go with.

Don't be intimidated by these clowns. A good home is a good home, and it's your prerogative who you sell your animals to.
I do have his phone number and he told me his name was Jose, but I looked him up on FB and his name is Juan. He's very young, maybe 21 and lives in Tempe. He told me he lived in Scottsdale. So it just didn't feel right and when I asked why he wanted just a rooster he said "for a pet." So I told him I sold him to a co-worker and he sent me a flipping off emoji. Before things seemed fishy I did give him my address and tell him he could pick up the rooster tonight and that was my bad!!!!! I don't think he will give me any more info.

I do have his phone number and he told me his name was Jose, but I looked him up on FB and his name is Juan. He's very young, maybe 21 and lives in Tempe. He told me he lived in Scottsdale. So it just didn't feel right and when I asked why he wanted just a rooster he said "for a pet." So I told him I sold him to a co-worker and he sent me a flipping off emoji. Before things seemed fishy I did give him my address and tell him he could pick up the rooster tonight and that was my bad!!!!! I don't think he will give me any more info.

Ok I just want to say I'm super shocked right now. I am trying to sell my rooster and I want him to go to a good home but the people responding to me clearly want him for cock fighting!!! They don't own any other chickens and don't plan on owning hens. Not cool! What should I do? One person got very angry with me when I tried to tell him I already sold him.

Are you sure they wanted the bird for cock fighting? Or do they just want dinner? If they don't own other chickens and don't plan on owning hens I'd suspect dinner over cock fighting. I assume you've made it clear you want the bird to go to a "good home." So they aren't likely to mention that their idea of a good home involves hot coals... and BBQ sauce... or a stew pot. Yum.

Are you sure they wanted the bird for cock fighting? Or do they just want dinner? If they don't own other chickens and don't plan on owning hens I'd suspect dinner over cock fighting. I assume you've made it clear you want the bird to go to a "good home." So they aren't likely to mention that their idea of a good home involves hot coals... and BBQ sauce... or a stew pot. Yum.
Haha pretty sure it wasn't for dinner. I looked his number up using Facebook and he doesn't look like someone wanting to buy my young, skinny rooster for dinner. His pictures definitely looked like he was in a gang. It seemed very clear he wanted it for other purposes. When I told him I already sold it he sent me an emoji flipping me off. Very classy...

Are you sure they wanted the bird for cock fighting? Or do they just want dinner? If they don't own other chickens and don't plan on owning hens I'd suspect dinner over cock fighting. I assume you've made it clear you want the bird to go to a "good home." So they aren't likely to mention that their idea of a good home involves hot coals... and BBQ sauce... or a stew pot. Yum.

Let's be real here people. . We are smarter than the average bear. . If a young girl comes to you and buy's your cockerel, no matter how old or what she looks like. You never know what's going to happen to him.. unless you go visit him a few times on the property. . People lie all the time..

Check out the passionfruit I got from the vine that I got from gallo in Tucson! It's the second summer in the ground and it's producing fruit now. I got to taste a couple and they are way better than any store bought passionfruit I've tasted. I was in doubt if it was going to pass the taste test so it gets to stay in the yard, otherwise it would have been replaced by grapevines.
Tease,tease, ...tease, tease. ...TEASE! :barnie

Are you in maricopa county? Are they? If so, call the sherrifs office. The do NOT tolerate any kind of cruelty.

Back
Top Bottom