Arizona Chickens

Is it hard to maintain the humidity at those levels here in AZ where low humidity is the norm?

I have a Rcom 20 that does a really good job at keeping the humidity and temperature regulated. I keep the temperature at 99.5* and humidity between 40-50% for the first 18 days and monitor progress diligently so I can make adjustments accordingly. Once the eggs go into lockdown I increase the humidity to 65-75% and drop the temperature by 0.5* per day.

I have a Rcom 20 that does a really good job at keeping the humidity and temperature regulated. I keep the temperature at 99.5* and humidity between 40-50% for the first 18 days and monitor progress diligently so I can make adjustments accordingly. Once the eggs go into lockdown I increase the humidity to 65-75% and drop the temperature by 0.5* per day.
I never heard of those until you mentioned it. The Max 20 looks pretty nice. The Pro 20 is even nicer with the multiple hatch capability. Good to know it keeps the humidity where it needs to be in our climate - that's one thing I'm not sure the Hova Bator is able to do in our neck of the woods.

So cute! Show quality isn't too much of a big deal, atlest for the few students I have in mind. They more want to learn how to care for a bird, and showing would just be a bonus. and OOOHHHH Kurt burds <3

As for craigslist,. eeeeeeehhhhhh.... i don't trust it. Usually people who take unwanted roosters wanna eat them or use them for cock fights. Unless they really are just silly craigslist people who love roosters and want all of the beautiful music they make in their backyard (Highly doubt that though :/ I woudld be one of those odd people if y mom didn't hate roos XD)

I'll ask around the Ag. class today and see If I can find a student who will love and care for your dear little rooster <3

OH i forgot to ask, does he have a name?

The ones that I am not keeping are not the Kurt burds. The rooster that is going is a Privits hatchery one that will be a year old this coming end of October. I am keeping my Kurt birds, and will be breeding those when they are old enough.

The craigslist guy I am talking about has a lot of hens and needs more roosters. If I wanted something bad to happen to my Privits rooster, I could eat him myself.

No, I had not really named this black Privits rooster, just tell him that he is a sweet boy. I have started to name my ones through Kurt , though.

Quote: oh, lol I knew XD

I was just admirning your Kurts.

and yaay safe people!
Personly I have been raised not to trust craigslist... eheh . But there are some nice people on there, according to my grandma.

I call my boy Mallard my baby boy al the time <3 (Lol, mallard, becaus ehe is a duck

If the person on Craiglist does not want him, I have a student who is willing to learn about the poultry project, my boyfriend actually. (Not a freshman, he just joined my Ag. Class to replace weights class) and said he would love to have one of his own birds to show in fair, and/or learn to care for.

So, if you are comfortable and interested, I can talk to him and ask if hes positive he would like to love your bird ^^

That would be fine. Although I did write down the phone number of that person on craigslist, I have not tried to contact him yet. You can message me here if you would like to so that we don't have to keep this on this thread here.

Is it hard to maintain the humidity at those levels here in AZ where low humidity is the norm?

Not at all. I do have the humidity pump for the cabinets but the 1602n I just fill 3 channels for the first 18 days, then all channeks and add 2 sponges. I use a straw and funnel during lockdown to add water, should humidity drop. The 1602n is the one with the wafer and is much more stable than the digital.

Hai all you wonderful chikee lovers.

So, I have dragged my boyfriend into the crazy chicken person world, and he has decided to join my Agriculture class, so he can learn how to care for the birds, and show a few in fair.

Due to a seemingly short supply of poultry participants, and a large number of need for poultry care takers, I wish to have him help me improve the chicken coop we have, elaborate and make it bigger, and even build a duck pond and a breeding coop for the school.

What he is in need of, which i'm assuming will be a little harder to find than I thought, is a chicken, or multiple chickens, for him to care for and show and love.

So i guess my question is:

Does anyone in the Tucson area have a rooster/hen/chick they do not need and would be willing to donate?

If you do, please feel free to PM me with this pretty basic format of questions. answer them as honestly as possible, and please do involve pictures!!
We loves the pictureses..

Basic format. do copy and paste :

- What breed is the bird?
- How old is the bird?
- What variety is the bird?
- What is their name?
- Health Problems?
- Area of living? (For drop-off purposes)
- And of course what's your name? So I can address you formally ^^

Thanks so much everyone!

Hoping to find my BF some show worthy birds, or just cute companions, that he can use in his Ag. SAE, and keep with him once we move in together.

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. We're moving to Flagstaff, Az in a few weeks and have to stay in a hotel for ~ 30 days until we can get into a poultry friendly house. We have three hens who can't stay in the hotel with us - I draw the line at that! They are hand-raised and very gentle girls; good layers. We definitely want them back. Anyone looking to try out chickens or waiting for new chicks? We'll provide a little cash for incidentals and trouble.
Any help or advice is appreciated.
David

feeding chickens 1956 Germany I am on left.

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. We're moving to Flagstaff, Az in a few weeks and have to stay in a hotel for ~ 30 days until we can get into a poultry friendly house. We have three hens who can't stay in the hotel with us - I draw the line at that! They are hand-raised and very gentle girls; good layers. We definitely want them back. Anyone looking to try out chickens or waiting for new chicks? We'll provide a little cash for incidentals and trouble. 
Any help or advice is appreciated. 
David

Hope you find the perfect place :frow

Back
Top Bottom