Arizona Chickens

I just finished my new coop. It's actually an addition that grew to be much bigger than the original and cost about double what I budgeted. Oops!

This is the new building. It's 8' x 8' square and about 8ft at the highest point.

Inside the addition:

The poop boards - thanks to all the great ideas I found on BYC!

Chicken Fountain - they're very slowly figuring it out.

The big picture with the old coop: I took the roost bars out and will use the top section for storage. Most of the bottom will be quarantine / grow out pen.

Storage and grow out pen:

Shaded run goes length of my backyard and ends under a lemon tree (winter grass is dead and area is covered in chicken poop since I let them run feral while we worked the coop. We will reclaim this land! lol

Little details that make me happy:

The infamous chicken swing. They won't use it, of course! You can also see all the wreckage from the former coop in the backyard. Thank goodness our community has free bulk pick up once a month!

Grapes growing all over the fence between them and my garden. I'm going to train it over the new coop, too.

It's the little things in life.
love.gif

Thanks for looking. I used an enormous amount of advice I read in the coop section. Thanks to BYC for being such an amazing resource!

I just finished my new coop. It's actually an addition that grew to be much bigger than the original and cost about double what I budgeted. Oops! This is the new building. It's 8' x 8' square and about 8ft at the highest point. Inside the addition: The poop boards - thanks to all the great ideas I found on BYC! Chicken Fountain - they're very slowly figuring it out. The big picture with the old coop: I took the roost bars out and will use the top section for storage. Most of the bottom will be quarantine / grow out pen. Storage and grow out pen: Shaded run goes length of my backyard and ends under a lemon tree (winter grass is dead and area is covered in chicken poop since I let them run feral while we worked the coop. We will reclaim this land! lol Little details that make me happy: The infamous chicken swing. They won't use it, of course! You can also see all the wreckage from the former coop in the backyard. Thank goodness our community has free bulk pick up once a month! Grapes growing all over the fence between them and my garden. I'm going to train it over the new coop, too. It's the little things in life. :love Thanks for looking. I used an enormous amount of advice I read in the coop section. Thanks to BYC for being such an amazing resource!
Love all that shade! You're right, it's the little touches that make it nice to visit
263a.png

I just finished my new coop. It's actually an addition that grew to be much bigger than the original and cost about double what I budgeted. Oops! This is the new building. It's 8' x 8' square and about 8ft at the highest point. Inside the addition: The poop boards - thanks to all the great ideas I found on BYC! Chicken Fountain - they're very slowly figuring it out. The big picture with the old coop: I took the roost bars out and will use the top section for storage. Most of the bottom will be quarantine / grow out pen. Storage and grow out pen: Shaded run goes length of my backyard and ends under a lemon tree (winter grass is dead and area is covered in chicken poop since I let them run feral while we worked the coop. We will reclaim this land! lol Little details that make me happy: The infamous chicken swing. They won't use it, of course! You can also see all the wreckage from the former coop in the backyard. Thank goodness our community has free bulk pick up once a month! Grapes growing all over the fence between them and my garden. I'm going to train it over the new coop, too. It's the little things in life. :love Thanks for looking. I used an enormous amount of advice I read in the coop section. Thanks to BYC for being such an amazing resource!
You did such a great job! It looks so nice. We are working on finishing our first setup. This is my first time having chickens. My husband was sure his city girl wife was going to hate chickens. So far I have proved him wrong! I will keep your coop in mind when we have to expand so I can get more chickens!

Installed the air for the girls, lost a girl anyhow, Angel, don't think it was heat bc she was in the mansion with the cool air... here's a link to the install

Could it be dust bathing is making them dirty and the mist makes mud?
No, the feathers are stained. Just the tops. Even my white quail that are off the ground.
Miss Turkey runs to the side to stand in the sprinkler when we water the grass. Even when it's not hot.
She's only white in the winter.

No, the feathers are stained. Just the tops. Even my white quail that are off the ground.
Miss Turkey runs to the side to stand in the sprinkler when we water the grass. Even when it's not hot. 
She's only white in the winter.

I have a white EE that I'm going to take a closer look at...I am on the west side.

So im an artistm I follow other artists, I tend to stalk a few specific artists because they are amazing.

well I was on Tumblr the other day and one of my favorite MLP artists, (yes, this stands for My Little Pony, im shameless) was posting about her life in general. She is a teacher and lives on her own, and her neighboos recently pbained/bought a rooster.

they already had a hen with about 18 babies and im sure a freidnw as like 

"heres a cock"

so anyway she was explaining the rooster, and her exact quote was

"I call him Señor Chingado Estúpido, because he is indeed a stupid f*ck"

this both struck me as hilarious and then made me want to explain roosters to her XD

which I can understand part of her annoyance, roosters are not allowed in her subdivision, and this rooster is pretty agressive towards her when she goes outside or near the property, and like all roosters, this Señor Chingado Estúpido crows all day every day. 

and the name honestly made me laugh because I can just imagine some bootlegging dressed long legged game in spurred boots and a curled mustache slinging some annoying crows/kicks in her direction. 

However this artist has never really had experience with chickens besides this, I felt the need to cradle her poor face and say "Its okay, it's natural, you'll live through this, chickens aren't evil"

(TO BE ADDED: I will be draing this Señor Chingado Estúpido later on, mark my words)

I watch MLP as well. Even as an adult, I think the cartoon is very done well and the artwork is wonderful! I have quite a few cartoons I follow though. Sometimes I think they are more witty than other shows on TV.

I spent this last weekend packing up my room at my parent's house. Man, packing is a lot of work! It took a lot of time to go through all my 4H awards that I received throughout the years but I got them down to just two smaller boxes. I still have a lot of things though even after selling or giving away more than half of my items.

My parents are almost done with all their house inspections. I can't even imagine how long it will take them to pack. I keep joking that they will need a fleet of 18 wheelers to move everything! I don't know how people move cross country every few years.

I also planned out my route for moving. I will get almost a whole day to spend with my brother in Texas. I don't get to see him very often since he moved! Should take about four days to drive to AZ though. Im getting very excited.

I just finished my new coop. It's actually an addition that grew to be much bigger than the original and cost about double what I budgeted. Oops!

This is the new building. It's 8' x 8' square and about 8ft at the highest point.

Inside the addition:

The poop boards - thanks to all the great ideas I found on BYC!

Chicken Fountain - they're very slowly figuring it out.

The big picture with the old coop: I took the roost bars out and will use the top section for storage. Most of the bottom will be quarantine / grow out pen.

Storage and grow out pen:

Shaded run goes length of my backyard and ends under a lemon tree (winter grass is dead and area is covered in chicken poop since I let them run feral while we worked the coop. We will reclaim this land! lol

Little details that make me happy:

The infamous chicken swing. They won't use it, of course! You can also see all the wreckage from the former coop in the backyard. Thank goodness our community has free bulk pick up once a month!

Grapes growing all over the fence between them and my garden. I'm going to train it over the new coop, too.

It's the little things in life.
love.gif

Thanks for looking. I used an enormous amount of advice I read in the coop section. Thanks to BYC for being such an amazing resource!

aaaaaaannnnd you had better patent this before I steal this amazingly adoreable design <3

WANNNTTTTTTT

Definitely going to semi-copy some of the thigns you did here, its absolutely gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom