Arizona Chickens

well about that consider that the male chicks can be sold at a good profit...! to sell as day old chicks unlike the other breeds that are not auto sexing its many weeks before some breeders can tell for sure which of the chicks are the boys, so much time & work wasted ...! but eating them, no way or culling them would be a bit costly considering the price for either males or females day olds of this breed..!! since the prices i saw on line for those babies was $ around 120.00 for 3 chicks no including shipping..! i figured it out to be some thing like 179.00 for the 3 , and then start praying they will live to adults not knowing if they would live long enough to breed more of them , golly gee i don't like gambling and that seems like gambling to me ...lol... HA am i right:highfive: :D ;) :lol::lau :p

Sorry to have to tell you this Dianna, but those males will not be able to be sold at a good profit. Most people are only wanting the girls. The one's who might take 1 boy from you has to make sure that they have enough girls for them, which is normally at least 10 girls. OK, so you sell 1 boy. Now what are you going to do with the rest of them? Hatches average a 50/50% chance of both sexes! You would have to kill the rest of the boys that don't sell.

Sorry to have to tell you this Dianna, but those males will not be able to be sold at a good profit. Most people are only wanting the girls. The one's who might take 1 boy from you has to make sure that they have enough girls for them, which is normally at least 10 girls. OK, so you sell 1 boy. Now what are you going to do with the rest of them? Hatches average a 50/50% chance of both sexes! You would have to kill the rest of the boys that don't sell.
hi ya blue baby...! hows by you..? and yes thats true also but some one who wants to eat them could do that , in case they dont sell or they cant give them away ..? i was reading about that breed and they are nice tempered birds so its just like every thing else the end result is always a toss up as to how it all goes down i guess..!

Last edited:
The trick is to find a nearby falconer. Most will buy them all, and do the deed them selves. Many of them buy them online from places like RodentPro and end up paying $2 each and the shipping is often more than the price of the chicks, so they'd be glad to buy them locally without shipping. There are some reptile keepers that will take them too.

@Banaynaychicken - Oh, DANG, I've already resisted going to Tucson, 22nd St ACE for some of those beauties they have. Before there was speckled Sussex and Cream Legbars! Now you tell me Olive Eggers..... I usually just do babies in early spring or late winter so we are done and have layer feed going for everyone again. I must resist, I must resist, I must resist.

I didn't know ace sells chick's which one?

I am never looking at chick's at tsc again everytime I do I see something tragic
i never saw chicks at ace , but tsc i did a week ago, but gosh they had no idea what breeds any of them were , so the only thing i was told they had no idea what breeds they had but they were all straight run...!!!! geezzzer

I was at ACE on 22nd today and they have a HUGE shipment of day olds right now, including OLIVE EGGERS, SALMON FAVROLES, SEBRIGHTS, LAVENDER ORPHINGTONS, AND POLISH OF BEARDED AND NON BEARDED VARIETIES . if anyone was looking.

I seriously almost brought some salmon favrolles home today, but after that flock down size my mother said she would take a flame torch to them If I did.

OHHHH it was so hard to leave the cut elittle vanilla bearded babied behind...
O WOW LAVENDER ORPHINGTONS, & POLISH to geeezzz good thing i didn't go in that store....lol..HA

@Banaynaychicken - Oh, DANG, I've already resisted going to Tucson, 22nd St ACE for some of those beauties they have. Before there was speckled Sussex and Cream Legbars! Now you tell me Olive Eggers..... I usually just do babies in early spring or late winter so we are done and have layer feed going for everyone again. I must resist, I must resist, I must resist.
:lol: HaHaHa i know what you mean...lol. but cream leg bars you say dang , i would walk there from Bisbee for a few of those HA no just kidding ... HA ...lol...:D :lol:

Is this in Phoenix?

oh, no this is in Tucson. its the "Hobby Ace"

i never saw chicks at ace , but tsc i did a week ago, but gosh they had no idea what breeds any of them were , so the only thing i was told they had no idea what breeds they had but they were all straight run...!!!! geezzzer

yeah all of these breeds were marked very appropriately from what I can see, and they guarantee sex as well 99% of the time.

O WOW LAVENDER ORPHINGTONS, & POLISH to geeezzz good thing i didn't go in that store....lol..HA

you would have come with half the stock? i know I would!!!

I know it took all my will power plus a fervent head shake from my bank account to tear me away from the polish and favrolles

They had cream leg bars in with the Favrolles and sebrights as well .

Back
Top Bottom