Arizona Chickens

I don't intend to stop breeding them. I'm getting old too, so I hope that my health will hold up long enough to get these going, so I don't end up like those who started them going. I'm already 61. I just need a few people who are interested in trying to help with this project on keeping them going.

Since they are like orpingtons I would consider them if I can't find orps when I build up the flock later on
I don't want to buy orps from a hatchery I feel like if they are already in AZ then I can "rescue" them bc of the heat (I do A/C)

ATTENTION

I work at the ACE Hardware on Hougton and it has come to my attention that people arent buying chickens. XD

JUST WANTED TO GIVE EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM A HEADS UP THAT THE ACE ON HOUGHTON HAS DAY OLDS AND 4 WEEKS OLDS AND NO ONE IS BUYING THE 4 WEEKS OLDS BECASE EVERYONE THINKS THE DAY OLDS ARE CUTER AND ARE BEING BOUGHT INSTEAD

I'm not sure what happens to chicks when they arent purchased before they become to big for the brooder, but i dont think I would like to know.... hopefully nothing like my overactive imagination is torturing me aboout.

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR EGG BIRDS, SHOW BIRDS, OR JUST MORE CHICKS, come to ACE on Hougton and get some!!! the older ones ar e the ones im concerned about, there are Buttercups, an Easter Egger, two California Whites, Rhode Island Reds, Gold Sex Links, and Barred Rocks.

They need homes and if my mom and dad wouldn't kill me for having more chickens they would all be at my house by now.

ATTENTION

I work at the ACE Hardware on Hougton and it has come to my attention that people arent buying chickens. XD

JUST WANTED TO GIVE EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM A HEADS UP THAT THE ACE ON HOUGHTON HAS DAY OLDS AND 4 WEEKS OLDS AND NO ONE IS BUYING THE 4 WEEKS OLDS BECASE EVERYONE THINKS THE DAY OLDS ARE CUTER AND ARE BEING BOUGHT INSTEAD

I'm not sure what happens to chicks when they arent purchased before they become to big for the brooder, but i dont think I would like to know.... hopefully nothing like my overactive imagination is torturing me aboout.

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR EGG BIRDS, SHOW BIRDS, OR JUST MORE CHICKS, come to ACE on Hougton and get some!!! the older ones ar e the ones im concerned about, there are Buttercups, an Easter Egger, two California Whites, Rhode Island Reds, Gold Sex Links, and Barred Rocks.

They need homes and if my mom and dad wouldn't kill me for having more chickens they would all be at my house by now.

If they are like the places that are the ones that someone that I know near me goes to, the older ones are sold at a good bargain price just so that they can get rid of them.

Help...
I'm so sick of the cockroaches...
The chickens love them when they find them, or I crush them and save them for morning treats... How can I kill the bugs, and not poison my girls... DE is not working, borax is not working. beer traps didn't work.... Help.please....

@nicollee Years ago when I lived in Houston, Tx., there were ton's of roaches. What we used to kill them was something called Roach Proof. We would dampen pieces of bread and then coat them with the Roach Proof. They would eat through the Roach Proof to get to the bread at night when they fed. Next morning you would see them belly side up laying dead. Don't feed them to your chickens if you do this!

Help...
I'm so sick of the cockroaches...
The chickens love them when they find them, or I crush them and save them for morning treats... How can I kill the bugs, and not poison my girls... DE is not working, borax is not working. beer traps didn't work.... Help.please....
It has been reported over the years that after a nuclear war ALL the people will be extinct. Only living things on planet will be rats and cockroaches. and bacteria.

@nicollee Years ago when I lived in Houston, Tx., there were ton's of roaches. What we used to kill them was something called Roach Proof. We would dampen pieces of bread and then coat them with the Roach Proof. They would eat through the Roach Proof to get to the bread at night when they fed. Next morning you would see them belly side up laying dead. Don't feed them to your chickens if you do this!
I believe that stuff Roach Proof is boric acid. A power. I use it to control ants along with other concoctions. It makes insect create a gas in the digestive track. Insects cant fart, and thus pop.

Back
Top Bottom