Arizona Chickens

I've had broodys sit on unhatched eggs for a few days after the first chicks had hatched. Once I booted a broody off the remaining eggs after 2-3 days because her chicks were starting to look stressed and nothing else had pipped. (Those chicks weren't early.) Keep an eye on the chick. Keep chick feed and water right near the nest so mama doesn't have to take the chick too far away to find food. If the eggs are that close to hatching she will probably want to sit tight. If it has been as warm where you are as it has been here, I would expect an early hatch.
She's still sitting patiently... the chick is hiding under her wing, when it's not to hot. I put chick starter and as well as a water bottle at the edge of the nest. I just worry about how hot it is... I tried to wait to get her eggs till I thought it would start to cool down, but Seriously it's 108 today...

So Sorry... But you will have chickens again in the future!

OH you can count on me being on here again with chicken news and things everntually!!

I will most likely live in another state by then but ill always come back here to you guys to update ^^

yeah after I down sized and then the cost of feed outweighted the paymen of eggs, dad decided to make me a deal and trade a new bow and set up, almost $1500 worth of archery equipment, for me simply selling my chickens and all of their stuff to a better place. And I get where he is coing from, I cant afford to feed even the 4 I have at the moment, even working full time, and im barely home to take care of them. They deserve better. more attention. more care. Which is the major reason I am selling them. bow is a bonus so that I can proovide for my hubby and I with meat, MEEAAATTTT, snd decorate out home with awesome antler decor.

ATTENTION!!!

https://tucson.craigslist.org/grd/6305200285.html

SELLING MY ENTIRE CHICKEN SET UP FOR AN AMAZING DEAL!!

Because I am moving out and my parents will be unable to care for my chickens, I am selling them, their coop, and many other things related for a very very cheaop price!! AND we will transport majority of the stuff!!

Good luck with finding your chickens with a good home. I can't take them because they aren't the breed that I want to work with.

Hi Friends... I haven't posted in forever, but I am looking to rehome some older (2.5 year old) hens. They are very friendly (Red, Barred Rock, Americauna) but don't lay often. I live on a 1/4 acre in an HOA, so I'm looking to keep my flock small and add more to it, so my older birds need to go. They are quiet and great girls. Any ideas on where to start? (Gilbert, AZ)

Hi Friends... I haven't posted in forever, but I am looking to rehome some older (2.5 year old) hens. They are very friendly (Red, Barred Rock, Americauna) but don't lay often. I live on a 1/4 acre in an HOA, so I'm looking to keep my flock small and add more to it, so my older birds need to go. They are quiet and great girls. Any ideas on where to start? (Gilbert, AZ)

4H/FFA groups and members are a great place to start. Chicken people love their chickens you know??

Back
Top Bottom