Arizona Chickens

@meetthebubus I'm far SE...about an hour southeast of Tucson.

@SonoranChick we got about 10 min of good rain. Hoping for more! It's too bad you can't let her have a baby, but I totally understand! My husband is travelling a lot for work, so I'm often taking care of the kids, dogs, horses, and chickens alone! Eek it's crazy sometimes. I don't recommend adding to the workload :) how are you feeling with the pregnancy? I hope you are feeling good!

Help a friend to rehome many hens, 4 months old, healthy. He has Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Red, Leghorn, Buff Orphington and Black Sexlink. He get his chicks at TSC on March. $10 a piece, pick up in Chandler (Elliot/Arizona). Text or Call Charlie directly 602-481-9362.
Wish I was closer I would take some even if it meant I had to hide them from the Hubby :lau

No rain here either AND its still 97 degrees - DANG. Another of those hot nights so the girls will be grumpy tomorrow. I know, I know.........

Well, at least the 97 degrees gives them a little relief compared to what they had to put up with during the afternoon. Keep the cold stuff coming for them. I'm sort of lucky so far I guess for this year as only 2 of mine have died from the heat, and they were both excess boy's that I wasn't wanting to keep anyways.

@meetthebubus I'm far SE...about an hour southeast of Tucson.

@SonoranChick we got about 10 min of good rain. Hoping for more! It's too bad you can't let her have a baby, but I totally understand! My husband is travelling a lot for work, so I'm often taking care of the kids, dogs, horses, and chickens alone! Eek it's crazy sometimes. I don't recommend adding to the workload :) how are you feeling with the pregnancy? I hope you are feeling good!
Thanks for asking, I feel pretty good! Over half way there...she's due early November :rolleyes: I really want to do 4h with my family when they're old enough. This is my first so I have a while before I can enjoy something like that but it's a goal for the future!
Has anyone here ever seen or heard of a mini cow? Our friend's son raises them, I think I would love do something like that one day. They are the same size as our mastiff dog! But they produce milk and you can use them for meat. I have no interest in the stuff my mastiff produces haha

We really didn't get much of any rain yesterday. It came down hard for about 5 mins, enough to scare the chickens into the corner of the run but then it eased up and just stayed cloudy. I wish we would have gotten more but the cloud cover was a huge relief. Looks like you guys in Phoenix might be getting something later today! Send some my way!

Thanks for asking, I feel pretty good! Over half way there...she's due early November :rolleyes: I really want to do 4h with my family when they're old enough. This is my first so I have a while before I can enjoy something like that but it's a goal for the future!
Has anyone here ever seen or heard of a mini cow? Our friend's son raises them, I think I would love do something like that one day. They are the same size as our mastiff dog! But they produce milk and you can use them for meat. I have no interest in the stuff my mastiff produces haha
My neighbors are in 4h and show lowline Angus. Definitely not for milking, but they are a great size and temperament for kids to show! They are used for meat also!

That sounds interesting never heard of them, I have heard of mini horses like really small dog size

Also I saw chickens with really short legs, looks weird and sad

This week we are looking at clouds, wind, and lower temps with higher humidity I think the weather will be more of a relief i noticed last night they weren't as hot I still have broodies this weatber has kicked it into high gear ive never had so many broodies that were so determined

I've never had so many ants also a cause of weather the DE is working to deter them I pour it over the hole and they move on fast

I hope it doesn't heat up too much again after the cool down that will be tough on the chickens

Back
Top Bottom