Arizona Chickens

Quote:
Hi Vanessa,
Are these easter eggers, or true ameraucanas? If they are ameraucanas, what colors do you have?

They are ameraucanas and looks like I have silvers, blue, brown/red, buff, white and maybe some wheaten. I had a few that I think were black but I sold them. Of course I am kinda guessing on the colors because I just got them yesterday and I picked out one of each different color and brought them in the house and compared them to the pics on the ameraucana breeder club site. You are welcome to come by and see them and give your guesses if you like.
smile.png

I wish I could get more chickens
hit.gif
Im over my limit by one already.

As soon as I know who are all roos, then I can make room for more chicks
big_smile.png

Cant wait!

Edit: Oh thank you all for the info on the DE. I think Im going to be making a little trip
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Just wanted you to know Yes I'm from Tucson also. We've had chickens here for about 10 years and greyhounds. We just make sure we have a working mister in the summer and they love it. Also have a flat bottom to a planter that we fill with water so they play in it to keep cool. Have a grey day

Yes we keep alot of watermelon and they love frozen and regular grapes. Melons of course and I do shredd carrots for them. Yes they are spoilted. We have a client that also works at the rehab here in Tucson and she brought me one they found on Houghton RD, and needed to find a home for and another client that lost all his and had one left and thought she was lonely so brought her to me also. So I sprayed all of the with the same cologne so they would all smell the same and not think there were new peeps in the coop. by golly it worked. They've all been getting alone jut great. I just love em. Next to my greyhounds, my girls are the best company. Good luck to all

Quote:
Hi Vanessa,
Are these easter eggers, or true ameraucanas? If they are ameraucanas, what colors do you have?

They are ameraucanas and looks like I have silvers, blue, brown/red, buff, white and maybe some wheaten. I had a few that I think were black but I sold them. Of course I am kinda guessing on the colors because I just got them yesterday and I picked out one of each different color and brought them in the house and compared them to the pics on the ameraucana breeder club site. You are welcome to come by and see them and give your guesses if you like.
smile.png

I wouldn't be a good one to check colors for you - no experience there. I bought a few 'ameraucanas' from the feed shop, but turned out that they are actually easter eggers (some of our favorite chickens, though). Mine have muffs/beards and a pea comb - they lay the colored eggs in my avatar - they are such sweet and gentle chickens.

After joining BYC, I found out that true americaunas have to be purchased through breeders and that hatcheries & feed stores are selling easter eggers. Mahroni may be able to help you with colors - he has some purebred americaunas he hatched out from eggs purchased from a breeder.

I have ordered ameraucanas in the past and always got the ones that look like what they call silvers BUT it was not til recently that I really started reading more into the actual breed to know more than the basics. So the colors and stuff I am still new to. That being said out of all the times I have ever ordered them in the past I always get what I think ends up actually being EEs. This time is wayyyyy different and they really match the breed site I mentioned. This is the first time I have ever gotten them from this particular hatchery. They could be EEs, anything is possible, but I really think they are the real ones. Sure would be nice but hey EEs are awesome too
big_smile.png

Quote:
Welcome
big_smile.png
I just got back into chicks too. They are so fun to watch. I can just watch them for hours.

Darn I just threw away all my perfume, would be cool to try that. I have 3 - 3 1/2 wk old standard chicks that I am trying to introduce to my 8 bantams (7 wks - 9 wks). 'They are all pretty much the same size, so we will see. I have them next to each other, so hopefully I will be able to keep them in the same pen soon.

We've decided our 13 chickens are just too many for our coop/run (when we built it, we anticipated keeping 8 chickens). We're going to be selling 3 of our laying pullets - a white leghorn, a barnevelder (hatchery stock), and a black star. I thought I'd let BYC members know first - craigslist will be the next step if they don't find a new home via BYC.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2095454#p2095454

Ok first let me say I am horrible at taking pics but I tried and no matter what these chicks are I love them just the same. These are the different colors of ameraucanas that came in my order yesterday (all 115 of them are these colors) and I am calling them ameraucanas because that is what I ordered. I know that hatcheries sell EEs and thats okay too but I wanted to share the pics to soothe the curiosity. I am totally open to anyone's opinion of what colors they are. The pics are kinda fuzzy but I think you can get the idea.

ameraucanas014.jpg

ameraucanas013.jpg

ameraucanas010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom