Arizona Chickens

I just heard NOW on the news that Prescott Valley was planning to obtain some State Trust Land so they can develop a park and trail system to link to other surrounding trail systems in Prescott - I LOVE that idea for the same reasons you do - stops the developers from reaping (raping) the land and gaining all the profits at the public's expense.

Yes, and the city Govt.'s love more growth, so that they can get more tax money, but with the growth also come's more housing in and with that creates more traffic jam's. Got to have stoplight's on almost every corner. :(

@CaroleW That was a great find!

I just bought ALL the pots/trays from my farmer market neighbor (going out of business) - 100's of pots and trays and a compost sifter frame as tall as I am. 3 truckloads loaded and unloaded. Now I will have to sort thru it all and start potting up my seed starts.

OK, here is the chick that I've been calling blue cuckoo colored.

20220511_142545.jpg

I'm guessing dude, not dudette, based on the comb size, even though big combs are a thing around here. He's 4 weeks old and the largest chick.

20220511_142442 2.jpg

Does anyone have a great mold for ice treats for our amazingly cool state? I have a metal bundt cake pan and I hang the ice in their run but it is sort of hard to get out of the pan sometimes. Would a silicone one work better? I had an amazing Ikea thick plastic bin/container/no idea what it is but they don't make it anymore but it just broke. :(
If you set it down outside for about two seconds it will melt slightly and release. I use a couple of large plastic canisters and make blocks from them, then place in a baby pool. They can peck and/or stand on it.

Surely someone already mentioned this recently - 32 oz yogurt containers are great for making ice blocks and big enough to put some treats into as you freeze.
I've used those but they break after some time. I'd like something that will last quite some time before it dies. I have never used silicone anything so I wasn't sure how it would work? I tried searching the forum before posting but I didn't find anything about what people thought worked best.

If you set it down outside for about two seconds it will melt slightly and release. I use a couple of large plastic canisters and make blocks from them, then place in a baby pool. They can peck and/or stand on it.

That's what I do but sometimes that 2 seconds seems like forever. Especially since in the morning sometimes I'm running around like a freak trying to get out the door. Hehe!

Back
Top Bottom