Arizona Chickens

What i like to do for my birds is have one or two fans going and what they liked most was i put bricks in a trough of water and they love standing on the bricks and cooling down that way
Hello, and welcome to our Arizona state thread! What part of AZ. do you live in? What breed or breeds do you have?

Hellooo everyone ! It's been a while ;-; sorry about not being around. I have been sick from my RA meds and trying to keep on trucking so that I am able to take care of my chickens.

I ended up with three roosters in a straight run and found two of them an amazing home! I kept one for myself cause I have decided that I want to try and hatch little ones. Roo's for food of course and hens for eggs.

I was wondering if y'all have an incubator that you like that can hatch just small amounts at a time, I don't really have a lot of money to place into an incubator and I don't want to hatch too many at a time since i am still within city limits and have to watch out for code enforcement.

I also have a question. Does anyone have an issue of their rooster screaming bloody murder until you go out to talk to them? Cause mine does! He crows non stop until i go outside and talk to him or cuddle him, then he is okay for a few hours before doing it all over again. Yes he has food and water, and i give them treats every morning. The treats being greens or fruit.

Hellooo everyone ! It's been a while ;-; sorry about not being around. I have been sick from my RA meds and trying to keep on trucking so that I am able to take care of my chickens.

I ended up with three roosters in a straight run and found two of them an amazing home! I kept one for myself cause I have decided that I want to try and hatch little ones. Roo's for food of course and hens for eggs.

I was wondering if y'all have an incubator that you like that can hatch just small amounts at a time, I don't really have a lot of money to place into an incubator and I don't want to hatch too many at a time since i am still within city limits and have to watch out for code enforcement.

I also have a question. Does anyone have an issue of their rooster screaming bloody murder until you go out to talk to them? Cause mine does! He crows non stop until i go outside and talk to him or cuddle him, then he is okay for a few hours before doing it all over again. Yes he has food and water, and i give them treats every morning. The treats being greens or fruit.
I can hear one of my rooster crowing constantly if I'm up early (like 4am). I'm in the country where my neighbors are all a couple acres away from the coop so it's not a big deal here. I hear their roosters sometimes too so we all understand.

The prices have gone up drastically on many incubator/related items since last year. So check different places for best deals...
I've heard good things about Nurture Right 360 from almost everyone. And this is what I would get if I had to buy another one. www.amazon.com/Nurture-Right-Deluxe-Incubator-Combo/dp/B09L2V9TQC

I've used Incuview (from incubator warehouse)
incubatorwarehouse.com/incuview-3-pro-egg-incubator.html

and this one from Rite Farms (I think they have a smaller one for slightly less) this is a low cost option (~$80) that is not styrofoam. I kept the packing styrofoam and used it around the incubator.
coopsnmore.com/products/rite-farm-products-pro-master-series-24-chicken-egg-incubator?_pos=3&_sid=ad2d1f6f7&_ss=r

There are less expensive ones but I would suggest one with auto turner at very least.

I also added a humidikit (from incubator warehouse) to my Incuview along with a separate thermometer/RH because the built-in therm/RH is potentially way off and this is a way to avoid that common issue. www.amazon.com/IncuTherm-Digital-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Memory/dp/B004XNMHW4

I can hear one of my rooster crowing constantly if I'm up early (like 4am). I'm in the country where my neighbors are all a couple acres away from the coop so it's not a big deal here. I hear their roosters sometimes too so we all understand.

The prices have gone up drastically on many incubator/related items since last year. So check different places for best deals...
I've heard good things about Nurture Right 360 from almost everyone. And this is what I would get if I had to buy another one. www.amazon.com/Nurture-Right-Deluxe-Incubator-Combo/dp/B09L2V9TQC

I've used Incuview (from incubator warehouse)
incubatorwarehouse.com/incuview-3-pro-egg-incubator.html

and this one from Rite Farms (I think they have a smaller one for slightly less) this is a low cost option (~$80) that is not styrofoam. I kept the packing styrofoam and used it around the incubator.
coopsnmore.com/products/rite-farm-products-pro-master-series-24-chicken-egg-incubator?_pos=3&_sid=ad2d1f6f7&_ss=r

There are less expensive ones but I would suggest one with auto turner at very least.

I also added a humidikit (from incubator warehouse) to my Incuview along with a separate thermometer/RH because the built-in therm/RH is potentially way off and this is a way to avoid that common issue. www.amazon.com/IncuTherm-Digital-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Memory/dp/B004XNMHW4

Oh these are nice! I was looking at the ones on walmart.com but you know... nothing from them is all that reliable or well made so I was just panicking LOL. Yes they are cheap but you get what you pay for.. cheaply made items that wont last long and Miiighhhtt destroy what you're looking to achieve.

Hahaha my little boy hollars as soon as he goes outside and i don't go spend time with him like I do the others. He also wakes me up to tell me that it's time to let everyone out for food and water. He isn't old enough just yet to start breeding but he sure is old enough to tell me what he wants and when he wants it!

Back
Top Bottom