Arizona Chickens

I hope that you were talking about after you grow them. I got a deal before on a 50-pound gunny sack full of onion's years ago, and split it with another person so that we both had 25-pound's. I peeled and chopped mine up and put them in in ziplock baggies in amount's that you would normally use in your like casserole or chili recipes. Then when you need that amount just take one out of the freezer.
Yeah I'll get you a pic of them in a moment. It's a cup full of the green onions/spring onions/chives.. I dunno what people call them anymore. LOL the green oniony smelling things from the store.

Another question, what do ya'll use for ants. I have an amazing suggestion from @BlueBaby , and I plan on getting it too. But for right now until i can get it what do you use? We have so many ant hills that i never knew about and I have them in the house already. They are going after our Tortoise food and the dishes, and the cat food as well as any crumbs i miss when i'm cleaning... I'm afraid of them getting to the pet chickens that are in the garage and house.
If they are inside of the house and you have some powdered cinnamon, you can put some of it where they are coming in at. If they walk over the cinnamon it sticks to their feet, and it suffocates them as ant's breathe through their feet.

My green onions from the window lmao
C39ADC9C-B73B-4419-B3BF-FF70558A08D6.jpeg

OOO okay! Yeah i have a crap ton of green onions on the window sill in a cup. LOL I'm just like what do I do with all of this. Some of them are over 2 years old !
I've heard this too -no onions- but when I put 4 hens on the raised greenhouse beds I left some of the bunching onions(? I think) but cut them to the ground and left the roots, they really seem just like chives to me. I covered the roots over with a board and a rock. They have scratched that bed so much that I smell onions from time to time - so they must be getting some. They don't seem to have any ill effects and they are laying very productively average 3-4 eggs daily.

My green onions from the window lmaoView attachment 3448160
When I seen that picture, it reminded me of a friend that I used to have that we went to her house for a holiday meal. She had these rolled up in a slice of ham that had some cream cheese in it. My husband loved them. I think I should make him some later now that it's back in my memory bank. :thumbsup

SAME here!!! Have you thought of (or tried) the vinegar based weed killer at the Depot?- probably a DIY recipe online… I am going to test it. I wonder if anyone has experience with it.
Let us know how it goes!
Our ground is not flat enough to mow them.. and there are big rocks too 🥴
We've been weed -wacking them down bit by bit.
A couple days ago, I put down any tarps I could find to kill them that way. Unfortunately I can only cover a small fraction of our yard with what I've got.
We still have way too many weeds!

Attachments

• 20230329_122017.jpg
    20230329_122017.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 1
When I seen that picture, it reminded me of a friend that I used to have that we went to her house for a holiday meal. She had these rolled up in a slice of ham that had some cream cheese in it. My husband loved them. I think I should make him some later now that it's back in my memory bank. :thumbsup
That sounds so yummy! I might have to try it too! I think I have sliced ham at home lol. For sandwiches

I've heard this too -no onions- but when I put 4 hens on the raised greenhouse beds I left some of the bunching onions(? I think) but cut them to the ground and left the roots, they really seem just like chives to me. I covered the roots over with a board and a rock. They have scratched that bed so much that I smell onions from time to time - so they must be getting some. They don't seem to have any ill effects and they are laying very productively average 3-4 eggs daily.
What about leeks ? I have the green part you’re not supposed to use leftover from making leek soup lol. I am still building my pallet compost pile

Let us know how it goes!

A couple days ago, I put down any tarps I could find to kill them that way. Unfortunately I can only cover a small fraction of our yard with what I've got.
How long does the tarp take to kill that patch?

Let us know how it goes!

Let us know how it goes!

Dang weeds are taking over! Big fire hazard in a month or so.. can’t mow ground has some boulders/rocks 🥴.. really hoping the vinegar solution works!

Attachments

• 742AB88A-33F8-4D2A-8A84-0C2AB215B719.jpeg
    742AB88A-33F8-4D2A-8A84-0C2AB215B719.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 751070EA-E4A4-46CC-BF95-555DAB6347A9.jpeg
    751070EA-E4A4-46CC-BF95-555DAB6347A9.jpeg
    914.5 KB · Views: 1
  • E3B48297-83E8-47FA-B758-31AD05B30EF1.jpeg
    E3B48297-83E8-47FA-B758-31AD05B30EF1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 6DFA3CA7-8667-459A-9DAA-FA8B75B1E898.jpeg
    6DFA3CA7-8667-459A-9DAA-FA8B75B1E898.jpeg