Arizona Chickens

Incuview incubator has 15 eggs that could possibly hatch today to Thursday.
3 or 4 of @BlueBaby Bielefelder eggs are starting to pip already.

This is the incubator egg count right now:
8 Bf eggs from Bluebaby (4 removed from incubator a week ago - 2 quitters, 2 infertile)
4 Bf eggs from my own flock (originally from Bluebaby)
3 Naked Neck eggs from Roger's egg layer flock (Roger, Cowgirl, Blue NN hen originally from Bluebaby).
Happy hatching 🐣😄

8 Bf eggs from Bluebaby (4 removed from incubator a week ago - 2 quitters, 2 infertile)
3 Naked Neck eggs from Roger's egg layer flock (Roger, Cowgirl, Blue NN hen originally from Bluebaby).
Come on babies!

I know they are talking about a possibility of a Government shut down. If you wonder what will happen to the food safety during the shutdown, this will give you an idea:
https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2023...ety-during-the-predicted-government-shutdown/

Quick update...
3 Bluebaby eggs and
3 of my Bf eggs hatched, 3 more pipping now
2 from last week
8 total chicks NOW, 3 pipping, 4 left after that

Yes that's perfect! I'm waiting to count male/female until they are all dry and I can take pic. Some are not as chipmunk striped as others so not completely sure.
Going forward with your breeding project, I would keep the pullets that are the most pronounced chipmunk coloring in the sex when they are this young and find a way to mark them. Then if you are going to keep a cockerel for breeding, pick your best one.

One of the joys of AZ living! (Taken this evening.)
20230927_183524.jpg

Going forward with your breeding project, I would keep the pullets that are the most pronounced chipmunk coloring in the sex when they are this young and find a way to mark them. Then if you are going to keep a cockerel for breeding, pick your best one.
I love orthodontist bands for marking chicks. Can buy them in different sizes and colors, they stretch well so always easy to remove and go up a size as needed....and they're cheaper than the chick bands. All my birds are pretty small though so not sure if they go up in size enough for the big bird chicks...but might be worth taking a look at.

Back
Top Bottom