Arizona newbie

Good morning. My sick pullet is about the same today. I gave her another dose of Corid this morning (first dose was yesterday afternoon), and she's still not interested in eating or drinking. Should I give her water with a syringe a few times today? I'm worried that she might get dehydrated, if she isn't already - no drinking all day yesterday and still today.

Also, the other three are having loose stools, but not acting sick. They are eating and drinking the treated water. Surely they are infected too?. Is the treated water enough for them at this point, or should I start giving them a straight Corid dose too, as a preventative?

I will be thoroughly cleaning everything today in the coop and run. Any other suggestions? Thank you!
I would make up a solution of one cup water with a teaspoon of sugar and a pinch of baking soda in it and I would syringe slowly 20 cc's of that solution into her every hour or 2 to keep her hydrated. Hopefully between the sugar for a little bit of energy and the water to keep her hydrated she's going to perk up soon.

Good morning. My sick pullet is about the same today. I gave her another dose of Corid this morning (first dose was yesterday afternoon), and she's still not interested in eating or drinking. Should I give her water with a syringe a few times today? I'm worried that she might get dehydrated, if she isn't already - no drinking all day yesterday and still today.

Also, the other three are having loose stools, but not acting sick. They are eating and drinking the treated water. Surely they are infected too?. Is the treated water enough for them at this point, or should I start giving them a straight Corid dose too, as a preventative?

I will be thoroughly cleaning everything today in the coop and run. Any other suggestions? Thank you!
Yes corid needs to run through her frequently to be helpful. Follow @DobieLover 's advice and dose the corid often or offer it up as the only source of water.

Hello all! I'm happy to report that, after 3 syringe feedings of sugar water today, my sick pullet is starting to perk up! She actually began to eat a little at the feeder with the other three! I'm so thankful to see a little improvement. I was sure she was going downhill, but now that she is getting hydrated and taking in some calories, I have hope. Thank you all for your greetings and well-wishes, and especially to DobieLover for the detailed instructions. 🥰 Hopefully she will continue to improve over the next few days!

Hello all! I'm happy to report that, after 3 syringe feedings of sugar water today, my sick pullet is starting to perk up! She actually began to eat a little at the feeder with the other three! I'm so thankful to see a little improvement. I was sure she was going downhill, but now that she is getting hydrated and taking in some calories, I have hope. Thank you all for your greetings and well-wishes, and especially to DobieLover for the detailed instructions. 🥰 Hopefully she will continue to improve over the next few days!
This is fabulous news! Keep up with all you are doing and keep us posted! 😊

The best thing you can do is to keep vitamins and minerals flowing so that their bodies can fight. Save-a-chick or poultry cell.

Thank you. This morning, my sick one was lethargic and I discovered a bright pink fleshy poop 😧. But after her Corid dose and more sugar water, she perked up some. This afternoon, she was eating a little from the feeder, and drank on her own from the syringe. Still having watery poops, but she hasn't eaten much. I think she's heading in the right direction! 🙏

Back
Top Bottom