Arizona newbie

Thank you. This morning, my sick one was lethargic and I discovered a bright pink fleshy poop 😧. But after her Corid dose and more sugar water, she perked up some. This afternoon, she was eating a little from the feeder, and drank on her own from the syringe. Still having watery poops, but she hasn't eaten much. I think she's heading in the right direction! 🙏
Glad she is a bit better! Have you seen her drink from her Corid water yet? Corid needs to be running through her as much as possible.

I saw her drink once from the Corid water this morning, but not since. I'm wondering if I should use the Corid water to make up her sugar/soda water? Would there be a problem with that? Today I'm still supplementing her with water by syringe, about 10-15ml every 3 hours or so, to keep her hydrated until she's drinking on her own. She had another poop that looked sort of normal but had another fleshy piece in it. Is she sloughing intestinal tissue from the coccidiosis? Will it continue? Is it a sign she is healing inside, or getting worse? She is acting better, eating and roosting with the others now...

I saw her drink once from the Corid water this morning, but not since. I'm wondering if I should use the Corid water to make up her sugar/soda water? Would there be a problem with that? Today I'm still supplementing her with water by syringe, about 10-15ml every 3 hours or so, to keep her hydrated until she's drinking on her own. She had another poop that looked sort of normal but had another fleshy piece in it. Is she sloughing intestinal tissue from the coccidiosis? Will it continue? Is it a sign she is healing inside, or getting worse? She is acting better, eating and roosting with the others now...
I would just keep up all you are doing and not add anything to her Corid water. Keep syringing in Corid water for hydration and to keep it in her system. If she's acting better, eating and interacting with the others, this is an excellent sign. Use the Corid until 3 days past all symptoms and intestinal tissue and blood stops. Keep us posted! 😊

IMG_1089.gif
Welcome to BYC! glad to have you with us

UPDATE: My sick pullet(Patches) is recovering well!! She started eating a LOT on Monday, and is drinking the Corid water on her own. She's running around with the other three and spends time preening herself in the sun. I'm so thankful for all the advice and instructions I received from my BYC chicken-lover friends! As a new chicken owner, I wasn't expecting to dive into serious illness and chicken-nursing so soon, less than a week after picking up my girls. But you all are amazingly supportive and spot on with the diagnosis and treatment. My chicken's recovery is evidence! Still, one of the four is having mucousy loose poops, so I decided to treat them all and to keep them on Corid water until a few days after symptoms disappear. They are all happy, eating and drinking, and developing their personalities, which is fun to watch! Hopefully they will continue to grow up to be healthy hens, and I will continue to learn from your experiences. Thank you again!!

UPDATE: My sick pullet(Patches) is recovering well!! She started eating a LOT on Monday, and is drinking the Corid water on her own. She's running around with the other three and spends time preening herself in the sun. I'm so thankful for all the advice and instructions I received from my BYC chicken-lover friends! As a new chicken owner, I wasn't expecting to dive into serious illness and chicken-nursing so soon, less than a week after picking up my girls. But you all are amazingly supportive and spot on with the diagnosis and treatment. My chicken's recovery is evidence! Still, one of the four is having mucousy loose poops, so I decided to treat them all and to keep them on Corid water until a few days after symptoms disappear. They are all happy, eating and drinking, and developing their personalities, which is fun to watch! Hopefully they will continue to grow up to be healthy hens, and I will continue to learn from your experiences. Thank you again!!
Wonderful update, I am so glad your flock is healing! 💖 😊

Still, one of the four is having mucousy loose poops, so I decided to treat them all and to keep them on Corid water until a few days after symptoms disappear.
This is a very good choice.

When you stop the Corid water, offer them some poultry vitamins in the water for a few days and give them some mash made from their feed and stir in some buttermilk. That will help reset their guts and help heal the damage caused by the coccidiosis.

I'm super happy that she is recovering so well!

Back
Top Bottom