Arizona newbie

This is a very good choice.

When you stop the Corid water, offer them some poultry vitamins in the water for a few days and give them some mash made from their feed and stir in some buttermilk. That will help reset their guts and help heal the damage caused by the coccidiosis.

I'm super happy that she is recovering so well!
Thank you for the added instructions for after the Corid water treatment. I bought a pack of vitamins, and have buttermilk in the frig, so I think I'm all set. I'm still seeing some loose poops, but it is less today. I can't tell which one it is coming from. They must know I'm watching! Hopefully that will clear up soon, and I'll give the vitamin water and buttermilk mash. Thank you!!!

Update on sick pullets...

It has been three weeks now since I last reported that my pullets were improving after Corid treatment for coccidiosis. Sadly, I lost one of them the very next day. However, she was not the one who was originally sick. Her death came as a total surprise.

The other three have been doing well. But because I was still finding mucousy poops, sometimes with blood, I waited 7 days after Corid treatment, and then treated them all again with Corid in their water for 5 days. I followed with vitamins in water both times, and am giving them some buttermilk mash each day. They are growing, acting normal, perky, inquisitive, cooing, and doing everything together.

But I don't understand why Patches (the one who originally had severe symptoms of coccidiosis) continues to have these liquid poops. It looks like liquid peanut butter, and sometimes has blood, and sometimes not, but I see it every day. Will this continue, or will it eventually clear up? The girls are almost 12 weeks old now, and I'm thinking about when they begin to lay in a couple of months. Will Patches have eggs that are covered with this? Do I need to treat them again with Corid? Perhaps with another medication?

I don't have the experience, so definitely need your input and suggestions! Thank you!!

Attachments

• 20240103_085515.jpg
    20240103_085515.jpg
    934.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240103_085524.jpg
    20240103_085524.jpg
    763.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom