ARKANSAS Chicken or Eggs SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it looks like a splash to me. I haven't raised lavenders though and can't find any pics of some at that age, so hard to say. Do you see any splashes of color when you spread the wings? The pics I saw of lav chicks were younger and they had a nice even light gray color. I guess the best thing to do is rely on what the seller said especially if the seller breeds them. Now if they just obtained them from somewhere, I would wonder. Either way, I think your best bet is obtaining a black Ameraucana cockeral. From what I've read, it is best to breed lav to black. You can breed to blue but would get more culls. If it is indeed a splash, you can still breed to black and produce blues.

I agree. Do you have any black cockerals close in age? The last thing I need is an older cockeral beating the poop out of the five that I have. ( 4 Blue Copper Marans and the Americauna pullet)

She has leg feathering and green legs. What do you make of that? The feathering is a fault in Americaunas, isnt it? And the green legs are indicative of being an EE, isnt it?

She has leg feathering and green legs. What do you make of that? The feathering is a fault in Americaunas, isnt it? And the green legs are indicative of being an EE, isnt it?

True Ameraucana's have slate color legs & lay blue eggs. I have black Ameraucana chicks outta Paul Smiths line & also Black Copper Maran chicks outta Jean/Davis lines for sale.....straight run. Jerry

Yes, the green legs usually mean an EE. Yes I have some eight week old cockerals I am growing out. Mine are mine, but I also obtained my start from Paul. I was out there yesterday looking over the group to see how many female and male I have. I will pm you.

We will be holding our 1st Saturday of the month swap in Clinton AR this weekend... Search Clinton Homesteaders Swap Meet on Facebook and look us up...

We will have a load of these "Guaranteed sweet" watermelons at the Clinton Homesteaders Swap Meet on Saturday morning! Stop by and get them while they last!

We will be bringing some "Old Glory" homegrown tomatoes with that old fashion tomatoes flavor! We are also taking orders for Arkansas "Old Glory" tomatoes. $25 per box. We will have a few extras, but will have limited space. However, we are taking orders for the tomatoes. 25# box of #1 Old Glory for $20.00 box. Call 870/281-5587 to place a reserved order.

We will have a few Bradley tomatoes. $30 per box. First come first serve on the Bradleys.

Also some jumbo cantaloupes! We will not have the watermelons prices set until Saturday.

The early bird always gets the worm! So come early!

Last edited:
Thank you, Rocky. I have made arrangements with Ms Bach bach to pick up a black ameracauna cockerel this weekend.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom